Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with Pax command and backups on AIX HP-UX and IRIX Post 33945 by hugo_perez on Monday 27th of January 2003 08:19:44 AM
Old 01-27-2003
For AIX:

mksysb (whithout map files - smitty mksysb) for rootvg
savevg (whithout map files for the other Volume Groups
smitty savevg)

For HP-UX:

ignite (make_tape_recovery _if the server has a tape_ or make_net_recovery _if you use an ignite server) for vg00.
vxdump to backup vxfs filesystems (see also: vxrestore).

Pay special attention when select a backup command, look for
large files aware backup commands and if you use UID's and GID's
larger than 60K.

For IRIX:

Idon't really know, but look at:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/...2.html#id48598

And follow the links of your interest.

Regards. Hugo.

Last edited by hugo_perez; 01-27-2003 at 12:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with IRIX

I have a SGI sys with Irix running on it. Actually i cant see the console login . It just shows a blank blue screen . I can use the mouse though. Also i can remote login into the m/c I am new to SGI . Can anybody help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Irix - startup script problem

Hi there. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I guess a moderator can shift it if needed. I've set up a shell script to be run as a user that fires at startup on Solaris and RedHat by adding su - <user> -c <Path_to_Script>/<script>.sh And it works great. Problem is I can't get this to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rshampshire
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron command for backups

Hello All, I am new to AIX. I come from a VAX/VMS background. I would like to find the backup procedure for my RS600. How can I see/modify an existing "cron" command that executes my nightly backup and sets the rights on files ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjarvis
2 Replies

4. AIX

Backup with Pax command. How to verify tape?

Dear all experts online, In my environment of AIX 5300-07, I am currently using "pax" command to backup all filesystems that I need to backup and it will take me around 4 hours time with LTO3 tape drive. When I need to verify the tape after backup, I am using "pax" command to list all files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies

5. AIX

Can a pax backup in AIX be restored into Linux?

Dear all experts, I would like to know if a pax command backup of AIX files can be restored into Linux environment run in Wintel server? Currently I have a Full database backup using "pax" command in AIX box(IBM pSeries), the new management decison of the new server is on Wintel server which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
5 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 6.1 Backups

Hello, I've got multiple AIX LPARs running on VIOS, within a blade environment. I need to dump a mksysb backup to backup rootvg and a couple of other volume groups. mksysb -i "destination"; works however I'd like to make sure its being done correctly. on the other volume groups, ive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollie01
2 Replies

7. AIX

problem with command 'route -q' in AIX 5.3

Hi all! I have a problem.I access to AIX server via SSH,then i use command 'route -q', after that i can't connect to AIX server.Please help me to fix this problem. Thanks & Best Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bachtq
1 Replies

8. AIX

Best method to encrypt AIX LTO6 tape backups?

Hello, I need to be able to encrypt LTO tapes that our AIX writes to for backups. We have a tape library (IBM TS3100) that our AIX host uses to write to LTO6 tapes. We then take those tapes off-site and restore to another AIX system using a 3580-H6S LTO6 tape drive - this is a very simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Options for AIX server backups

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Forgive a question that may have been asked, but I would like to get advice on options for backups of an AIX server. The AIX server in question has about 2TB of storage, with 3 Oracle databases configured on it We're currently using tar backups to tape, LTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Email notifications of PAX backups

I have just switched my production server from using the br_backup script that uses fbackup to the fs_backup script that uses PAX. Things seem to work fine and test restores are successful, but I'm not getting a daily e-mail with the backup results that I used to get from the br_backup script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
2 Replies
BACKUP_LISTVOLSETS(8)					       AFS Command Reference					     BACKUP_LISTVOLSETS(8)

NAME
backup_listvolsets - Lists volume set entries from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup listvolsets [-name <volume set name>] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup listv [-n <volume set name>] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup listvolsets command displays the Backup Database records for either o All volume sets and their volume entries, if the -name argument is omitted. o The volume set specified by the -name argument, along with its volume entries. OPTIONS
-name <volume set name> Names the volume set to display. If this argument is omitted, the output lists all volume sets defined in the Backup Database. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The entry for each volume set begins with the "Volume set" header and the volume set's name. A temporary volume set's name is followed by the string " (temporary)". Each volume entry follows on a separate line, indicating the entry's index number and the server, partition, and volume names it matches. The output uses the metacharacter notation described on the backup addvolentry reference page. Use the index number to identify volume entries when deleting them with the backup delvolentry command. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the volume entries in the three volume sets currently defined in the Backup Database: % backup listvolsets Volume set user: Entry 1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: user.*.backup Volume set sun Entry 1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: sun4x_55..* Entry 2: server .*, partition .*, volumes: sun4x_56..* Volume set rs Entry 1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: rs_aix42..* PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addvolentry(8), backup_addvolset(8), backup_delvolentry(8), backup_delvolset(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_LISTVOLSETS(8)