Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is your setup ??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is your setup ?? Post 33794 by Cameron on Sunday 19th of January 2003 10:20:43 PM
Old 01-19-2003
Question What is your setup ??

Am looking installing Red Hat 7.2 on an AMD-K6/2 PC and after realising that I can't use my space 80G HD due to BIOS restrictions (have resorted to using a 20G HD), was wondering what setup others use.

If "Other" please indicate.

Last edited by Cameron; 01-19-2003 at 11:26 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

setup all right ?

Hi there im new to linux. I installed mandrake linux and set up all my networkcard ip address etc. when i do "route" or "ifconfig" all addresses etc. are allright but i cant ping other machines in my network also the machine with linux on it cant be pinged if i ping a machine from linux i always... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhoenixHawk
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Filezilla Setup

Hello, I am trying to set up an ftp client server connection with my family. I have a netgear router that I am behind. Does anyone know what how I need to set up the router and filezilla to allow access to my family members? Right now I cannot even access my router admin page.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Printer Setup

How do you add a HP network printer on a Sun Solaris Unix box? I have the IP address of the printer. I try using the admintool tool, but am confusing about setup the printer to connect to the IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racquetbal
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Setup?

Hopefully this post won't be too long :rolleyes: I've been in data processing for a number of years running on a windows system, and working with perl and MySQL to get the job done. I'm now part of a team who have bought a company and have been asked to investigate how we setup a new Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraythorne
3 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Networking Setup

Hopefully I can explain this to get some assistance. I have a debian linux server with a single NIC and a public IP of say 1.2.3.4. I'm running a couple of VMs inside and my ISP has given me a block of IPs a /28 to utilize. That block is routed to my 1.2.3.4 IP. So each of my VMs will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mindraven
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NGINX Setup

Here is my issue: I have two web servers hosting web services (Server A and Server B) I'd like to configure NGINX to achieve load balancing. Do I install NGINX on a third new server, or is it something that gets installed on Server A and Server B? Please share some information. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Can't setup new interface.

Hi all, Currently I am running Solaris 10 update 10 machine. My current ifconfig -a output is: ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Printer Setup

Hi, I have set up an HP printer, model 2300, on an Integrity server sunning on HP-Ux B.11.31 using the Jetdirect Printer Installer For Unix, version E.10.34. This particular printer is printing the same job multiple times and I cannot figur out why that is. Is ther perhaps a flag in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koketso
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need help to setup Spacewalk

Hello, I am working onto setup a spacewalk as our centralized repository and kickstart server for our all centos servers. We have almost 60-70 servers running inhouse which all are on CentOS 5 or 6 x64. I am able to setup a spacewalk server on CentOS 6.5 x64 and able to access the console as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
5 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with Red Hat Network Classic (or a RHN Satellite). After registering, your sys- tem can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)