Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backdoors etc
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backdoors etc Post 33489 by skotapal on Tuesday 7th of January 2003 10:38:40 AM
Old 01-07-2003
Backdoors etc

Hi all
Is there a way I can detect and monitor backdoors that may be present on a system? I want to see how users can come in and if possible log their IPs and ban them from the system altogether.

Also, is there a way other than cron and at to have a script start off a program? I can see a process coming up but cannot find out how it is starting up again and again.

Much appciated....

KS

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any backdoors?

Hello All: I left an important file on my computer in Montana (I'm in Arizona). It is running Mac OS 10.2.7. For some reason it appears file sharing is off, I don't understand how that happened because I have logged in remotely before. Can someone please tell me if there is any way to use... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jellegard
7 Replies
LADITOOLS(1)						  Linux Audio Desktop Integration					      LADITOOLS(1)

NAME
laditools - tools to control and monitor LADI (JACK and ladish) systems SYNOPSIS
g15ladi ladi-control-center ladi-player ladi-system-log ladi-system-tray wmladi DESCRIPTION
LADITools is a collection of tools aiming to achieve the goals of the LADI project to improve desktop integration and user workflow of GNU/Linux audio system based on JACK and LASH. Those tools take advantage of the D-Bus interfaces recently added to JACK and LASH to ease the configuration and use of those two great softwares. The following tools are included: g15ladi A JACK monitor for g15 keyboards. ladi-control-center Graphical interface to setup JACK's configuration. ladi-player Compact front end to that allows users to start, stop and monitor a LADI system ladi-system-log A JACK, LASH and a2jmidid log viewer. ladi-system-tray System tray icon that allows users to start, stop and monitor JACK, as well as start some JACK related applications. wmladi Window Maker dockapp which uses a menu similar to ladi-system-tray's. AUTHOR
laditools were written by Marc-Olivier Barre <marco@marcochapeau.org>, Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@arnaudov.name> and Alessio Treglia <quadrispro@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Alessio Treglia <alessio@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). LADI Tools 1.0 March 2012 LADITOOLS(1)