Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP Ports
Special Forums IP Networking TCP Ports Post 3348 by Optimus_P on Friday 29th of June 2001 10:43:33 AM
Old 06-29-2001
do you have any ipfiltering or firewalling happening between you and the client with teh problem. if so ask the firewall team if they are blocking any ports above 1024.

this sounds like a good logical first step.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP Listening Ports

Hello all, Can someone instruct me on how to change the listening port for ftp ( or any tcp service) from 21 to another port number? Thanks in advance.. -AJ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobsa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP/UDP Ports

Just starting to work with unix, wondering if there is any good on-line documentation explaining TCP/UDP ports, how to use them, etc... Thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

TCP/UDP Ports

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good on-line documentation on TCP/UDP Ports. Basically i want to know how to check if they are in use, learn how to close them, etc... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP ports - TIME_WAIT

What is the maximum number of TCP ports that can be consumed at any one time? How can I determine what the number is or increase it? I was under the impression that with our system (UnixWare 7.1.1) 1024 was the maximum under our current Kernel tuning parms, but I think that is really just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlkox
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

TCP ports and file sharing

In using a music file sharing program (WinMx), I am told that I cannot make a primary connection (fastest downloads) because I do not have a TCP and UDP port. I am running Windows Me.What do I do? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookster5
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP slow access though certain ports

hi, I'm currently running with an issue whereby we are experiencing very poor access speeds to our Informix database. Connections or requests to the DB are taking in excess of 2/3/4 minutes during peek periods during the day. This has only just started to happen but so far we have been unable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastyan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening TCP ports

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I'd be grateful if somebody could please help me. I'm trying to open ports 999, 1982 and 1983 but am not having much luck. I used iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 999 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

problem opening TCP ports

Please can somebody help me. I'm trying to open ports 999, 1982 and 1983 but am not having much luck. I used iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 999 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 1982 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
5 Replies

9. Solaris

List TCP ports with process

Hello, One of our developers is asking for a command/script in Solaris similar to "netstat -anp" in Linux. He gave this output as an example: root@xxx:~# netstat -anp | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7937 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 16082/nsrexecd tcp 0 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimes
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sheel Scripting to lock 2 TCP unused ports in solaris and linux

My requirement is I need to write a program in shell scripting to check 2 TCP unused unique port numbers in SOLARIS and I have to lock the same ports so that it will not be used in any other new process and the same port numbers should be used and locked in the LINUX machine to communicate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeramr30
2 Replies
BOND2TEAM(1)						  Bonding to Team conversion tool					      BOND2TEAM(1)

NAME
bond2team -- Converts bonding configuration to team SYNOPSIS
bond2team [options] DESCRIPTION
bond2team is a tool to convert bonding options to team trying as much as possible to keep the original functionality. The resulting files are saved in a temporary directory using ifcfg style by default. In the case of converting an ifcfg file, it translates the bonding options to team, preserving all other options. In that case, it converts the respective slave ifcfg files to team port, pre- serving all their other options too. In case of converting from given bonding options in the command line, the tool can use the specified ports as team ports. OPTIONS
--master <interface> Specify the interface name or ifcfg file to convert. If the interface name is specified, the tool will look at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ for the respective ifcfg file. --rename <interface> This is a convenient option to replace the original interface name by the specified name. For instance, if --master specifies bond0, it is possible to use --rename team0 to change the final interface name to team0. --ifcfg Set the output format to ifcfg config style. [default] --json Set the output format to JSON style. See teamd.conf(5) for further details. --bonding_opts '<bonding options>' Specify the bonding options to be converted instead of reading them from the ifcfg file. --port <interface> Set the specified interface as a team port. --configdir <directory> Change the ifcfg configuration path from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to the specified <directory>. --outputdir <directory> Set the output directory to <directory>. --stdout Print the result to the screen instead of writing to files. --debug Increase the debugging level. --quiet Disallow any messages to be printed to console. --version Print tool version to console and exit. --help Print help text to console and exit. --examples Print common usage examples to console and exit. EXAMPLES
To convert the current 'bond0' ifcfg configuration to team ifcfg: # bond2team --master bond0 To convert the current 'bond0' ifcfg configuration to team ifcfg renaming the interface name to 'team0'. Caution : firewall rules, alias interfaces, etc., that might be tied to the original interface name can break after the renaming because the tool will only change the ifcfg file, nothing else. # bond2team --master bond0 --rename team0 To convert given bonding parameters with ports without any ifcfg: # bond2team --bonding_opts 'mode=1 miimon=500 primary=eth1 primary_reselect=0' --port eth1 --port eth2 --port eth3 --port eth4 For more examples, see the option --examples. CAVEATS
The tool will not convert any other configuration which might be tied to the current setup. For instance, firewall rules, alias interfaces, bridges, and so on. AUTHOR
Flavio Leitner is the original author of the tool. Jiri Pirko is the original author and current maintainer of libteam. SEE ALSO
teamd(8), teamdctl(8), teamd.conf(5), teamnl(8) libteam 2013-07-18 BOND2TEAM(1)