Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Lexmark Z22-Z32 desktop inkjet printer installation problem under solaris8 Post 33347 by LivinFree on Tuesday 31st of December 2002 10:42:33 AM
Old 12-31-2002
That's probably the poblem - RPM is Redhat Package Manager, and although it's being used on systems other than Linux, I don't think it's available for Solaris.

And the glibc-linux stuff has to do with the fact that it was compiled against the GNU C library version 2.

So I think it's fairly safe to say it won't do you any good as-is...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

printer problem

Hi.. i am using HP UX 11.00.. and i amtrying to connect a network printer to the server and creat a print queue using HP JetDirect utility.I down loaded the Hp11e118.SD driver for Hp jetdirect and trying to install it using swinstall -s /tmp/Hp11e118.SD It was installed first time but eror... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
2 Replies

2. Solaris

CERNlib-Solaris8-Installation Problems

Dear Friends, We are having some difficulties in building the CERN library (2005) on our Sun Solaris 8 machines. Below are the details of the instalation process and our trouble shooting approach. Please advice. Regards Gaurab Sarangi Version Details of the solaris Machine where the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: g.k.sarangi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

printer installation

Hi, how to install a printer on Unix AIX 5.3 (to be used by ORACLE APPLICATIONS then) ?? Many thanks before. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

4. SCO

Lexmark T632 printer settings

My Lexmark T632 printer is attached to Unix system. Somtimes user change the printer settings. I want to be able to get access the printer setting file. If a user changes the settings and I need to restore the settings to original value, then I can ftp the standard menu setting file. Can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasirgondal
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer problem

1. when i am giving the unknown printer the lp command, i am getting the below error. Is there any way suppress the error? MY input lp -d ppp aa.prn Output Status Information, attempt 2 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+209' to klsdfa@localhost connecting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem in REMOTE DESKTOP INVOCATION

Hello sir, I am using VNC package for invoking the remote desktop to and from a FEDORA 8 machine and a WINDOWS XP machine. I have downloaded the VNC for both OSs and run it successfully. 1)When I invoked WINDOWS XP server, the I got it successfully as :-... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP . The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions. I have given 10 GB space to the installation. Also i noticed that the time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: singla
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL5 - desktop problem

hi all, any one has occured below issue before? i login to RHEL 5 using user name root. howver, after logged, nothing displayed on desktop, total was empty on desktop. some more, right click mouse right button, no such options to choose. any one has this issue before? any idea to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
3 Replies

9. Debian

Driver for Lexmark PRO901

I just bought a Lexmark PRO901 printer, for I was told that it was debian compliant. Upon unpacking I saw mention of Ubuntu. I thought of returning it but found a site that had Printer Driver with JRE for 64-bit Debian Package Manager based Distros What I downloaded was ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamused
1 Replies
PAPSTATUS(8)							   Netatalk 2.2 						      PAPSTATUS(8)

NAME
papstatus - get the status of an AppleTalk-connected printer SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/papstatus [-d] [-p printer] [retrytime] DESCRIPTION
papstatus is used to obtain the current status message from an AppleTalk connected printer. It uses the Printer Access Protocol (PAP) to obtain the status information. If no printer is specified on the command line, papstatus looks for a file called .paprc in the current directory and reads it to obtain the name of a printer. The .paprc file should contain a single line of the form object:type@zone where each of object, :type, and @zone are optional. type and zone must be proceeded by `:' and `@' respectively. Blank lines and lines the begin with a `#' are ignored. type and zone default to LaserWriter and the zone of the local host, respectively. OPTIONS
-d Turns on a debugging mode that prints some extra information to standard error. -p printer Get status from printer (do not consult any .paprc files to find a printer name). The syntax for printer is the same as discussed above for the .paprc file. retrytime Normally, papstatus only gets the status from the printer once. If retrytime is specified, the status is obtained repeatedly, with a sleep of retrytime seconds between inquiring the printer. FILES
.paprc file that contains printer name SEE ALSO
nbp(1), pap(1) Netatalk 2.2 17 Dec 1991 PAPSTATUS(8)