Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Lexmark Z22-Z32 desktop inkjet printer installation problem under solaris8 Post 33327 by abidmalik on Saturday 28th of December 2002 11:37:30 PM
Old 12-29-2002
Lexmark Z22-Z32 desktop inkjet printer installation problem under solaris8

Hello There,

I have problem with installing my printer in solaris8, i have Lexmark Z22-Z32 series inkjet printer and i download its driver for solaris from the internet.

I got driver file like that... drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.tar.gz

first i copy this on my temporary folder and use these commands to unzip and un tar this file.

Code:
Step 1. gzip -d drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.tar.gz

it took the .gz extension from this file and leave file as 

drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.tar

Now i use tar xvf command to un tar this as

Step 2. tar xvf drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.tar 

it gave me these files

x drivers-linux-glibc2-x86   0 bytes  0 tape block

x drivers-linux-glibc2-x86/drivers-MVfonts-4.7-1.i386.rpm 146846 bytes

x drivers-linux-glibc2-x86/drivers-MVprint-4.7-1.i386.rpm 3902121 bytes

Now i donot know how to use pkgadd command to add printer, which one of these has package, i tried all of these and could not get anything.

would you please help me.?

Regards

Abid Malik

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

printer problem

Hi.. i am using HP UX 11.00.. and i amtrying to connect a network printer to the server and creat a print queue using HP JetDirect utility.I down loaded the Hp11e118.SD driver for Hp jetdirect and trying to install it using swinstall -s /tmp/Hp11e118.SD It was installed first time but eror... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
2 Replies

2. Solaris

CERNlib-Solaris8-Installation Problems

Dear Friends, We are having some difficulties in building the CERN library (2005) on our Sun Solaris 8 machines. Below are the details of the instalation process and our trouble shooting approach. Please advice. Regards Gaurab Sarangi Version Details of the solaris Machine where the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: g.k.sarangi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

printer installation

Hi, how to install a printer on Unix AIX 5.3 (to be used by ORACLE APPLICATIONS then) ?? Many thanks before. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

4. SCO

Lexmark T632 printer settings

My Lexmark T632 printer is attached to Unix system. Somtimes user change the printer settings. I want to be able to get access the printer setting file. If a user changes the settings and I need to restore the settings to original value, then I can ftp the standard menu setting file. Can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasirgondal
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer problem

1. when i am giving the unknown printer the lp command, i am getting the below error. Is there any way suppress the error? MY input lp -d ppp aa.prn Output Status Information, attempt 2 of 3: sending job 'kganeshb@its04489+209' to klsdfa@localhost connecting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem in REMOTE DESKTOP INVOCATION

Hello sir, I am using VNC package for invoking the remote desktop to and from a FEDORA 8 machine and a WINDOWS XP machine. I have downloaded the VNC for both OSs and run it successfully. 1)When I invoked WINDOWS XP server, the I got it successfully as :-... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP . The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions. I have given 10 GB space to the installation. Also i noticed that the time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: singla
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL5 - desktop problem

hi all, any one has occured below issue before? i login to RHEL 5 using user name root. howver, after logged, nothing displayed on desktop, total was empty on desktop. some more, right click mouse right button, no such options to choose. any one has this issue before? any idea to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
3 Replies

9. Debian

Driver for Lexmark PRO901

I just bought a Lexmark PRO901 printer, for I was told that it was debian compliant. Upon unpacking I saw mention of Ubuntu. I thought of returning it but found a site that had Printer Driver with JRE for 64-bit Debian Package Manager based Distros What I downloaded was ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamused
1 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)