Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX System Admin Document
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX System Admin Document Post 33315 by hugo_perez on Friday 27th of December 2002 11:48:07 AM
Old 12-27-2002
Re: Tools

I believe that there aren't any freeware common tool for this purpose, but ...
If the System is AIX look see the man page for the "snap" manual page.
(or run snap -a and the look into de ls -lR /tmp/ibms*)

If the System is Sun Solaris look for the SUNWexplo Package,

In HP-UX there are any tool of this type?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripted Document Management System

Over the past 4 -5 years, I have cobbled together a rudimentary 'Document Management System' for a school district I support using Linux Bash Shell scripts.. The purpose of the scripting was to supplement features of a Job Applicant Center that had very simplistic methods of handle file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuledeer
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

After becoming HP UX 11iV3 System Admin

What is a logical step forward to learn much more about HP UX? Learn HP Integrity BladeSystem Administration or learn more about scripting? Learn more about storage? Can someone tell me how to become more effective? I am already working with HP UX everyday. Thanks a lot for every reply I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: velde_van_der_a
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

System Admin. Lab

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a group id with your last name. Create 2 user IDs using your last name and the numbers 1 and 2. For each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

System Admin related document with example

Hi, I am looking for perfect document.which is covered all the admin role with examples..... --> Please say that "search in google"...... Can you please help on this.... Thanks & Regards, Mani (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
FSCK_MSDOS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     FSCK_MSDOS(8)

NAME
fsck_msdos -- DOS/Windows (FAT) filesystem consistency checker SYNOPSIS
fsck_msdos -p [-f] filesystem ... fsck_msdos [-fny] [-x snap-backup] filesystem ... DESCRIPTION
The fsck_msdos utility verifies and repairs FAT filesystems (more commonly known as DOS filesystems). The first form of fsck_msdos preens the specified filesystems. It is normally started by fsck(8) run from /etc/rc during automatic reboot, when a FAT filesystem is detected. When preening file systems, fsck_msdos will fix common inconsistencies non-interactively. If more seri- ous problems are found, fsck_msdos does not try to fix them, indicates that it was not successful, and exits. The second form of fsck_msdos checks the specified file systems and tries to repair all detected inconsistencies, requesting confirmation before making any changes. The options are as follows: -f This option is ignored by fsck_msdos, and is present only for compatibility with programs that check other file system types for consistency, such as fsck_ffs(8). -n Causes fsck_msdos to assume no as the answer to all operator questions, except ``CONTINUE?''. -p Preen the specified filesystems. -x snap-backup Use a snapshot with snap-backup as backup to check a read-write mounted filesystem. Must be used with -n. See fss(4) for more details. The point is to check an internally-consistent version of the filesystem to find out if it is damaged; on failure one should unmount the filesystem and repair it. -y Causes fsck_msdos to assume yes as the answer to all operator questions. SEE ALSO
fss(4), fsck(8), fsck_ffs(8), mount_msdos(8) BUGS
fsck_msdos is still under construction. BSD
April 11, 2010 BSD