Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I send pictures in email? Post 3330 by Thomas on Thursday 28th of June 2001 07:27:58 PM
Old 06-28-2001
Thanks a lot! I just tried it out and it works, although it won't show the picture, you have to click on the icon to see it. That's probably mailx's fault so I'm not sure if there is much I can do about it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email to email id which is having # symbol

Hi, I have one requirement to send email to email id which is having # ( in the begining of the email id). I'm using mailx command to send an email. But not receiving those emails, but email status is showing email sent successful. Code which i'm using is : cat file1.txt | mailx -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
3 Replies

7. SuSE

Send outgoing email to my GroupWise email

Dear users, I have Linux server whose versions are Suse 10 SP 3 and Suse 11. I am trying to send email from these servers to my GroupWise email account. In /etc/postfix/main.cf file, The current value of MYHOSTNAME is LINUX.LOCAL. What should be the right value of MYHOSTNAME? Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
0 Replies
ALLTRAY(1)							AllTray Manual Page							ALLTRAY(1)

NAME
AllTray - Dock any program into the system tray. SYNOPSIS
alltray [program] [options] DESCRIPTION
With AllTray you can dock any application with no native tray icon (like Evolution, Thunderbird, Terminals) into the system tray. A high-light feature is that a click on the "close" button will minimize back to system tray. It works well with Gnome, KDE, XFCE 4*, Fluxbox* and WindowMaker*. Xmms is supported in particular. Click-Mode: Only run alltray and click on the window you would like to dock. (Abort with <c>) OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --version Show version of program. -d --debug Show debug messages. -s --show Do not hide window after start. -i --icon Use a PNG image as an icon. -l --large_icons allow large icons (> 24x24). -st --sticky visible on all workspaces. -stask --skip-taskbar not visible in taskbar. -x --borderless remove border, title, frame (if not supported native). -m --menu Add entry "menu text:command" to popdown menu. -t --title Show title change for <sec> seconds. Probably most useful for xmms. -g --geometry initial position. see man X. -k --key [Modifier:]Key create a keyboard shortcut. Modifier -> "Shift", "Control", "Alt", "AltGr" Key -> "a", "F1", "End" ... or "Keycode" (Number) returned by the program "xev" -nt --notray display no tray icon (useful only with the "--key" option). -nm --nominimize click on window close button: do not minimize back to system tray, close. -conf --configure show KDE configuration dialog. HOMEPAGE
http://alltray.trausch.us AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Carlos C Soto <csoto@sia-solutions.com> for the GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. AllTray (C) 2005, Jochen Baier <email@jochen-baier.de> Version 0.71 2010-02-07 ALLTRAY(1)