Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Renaming script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renaming script Post 33012 by WIntellect on Thursday 12th of December 2002 04:31:48 PM
Old 12-12-2002
Have you tried running it from the command line? Try it like this:

perl rename.pl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files in a bash script

I'm doing a short batch script to compile po files producing output binary mo files. The compilation command is: msgfmt -o file.mo file.po so in order to compile I am appending .mo to the varible in a loop. It goes something like this: for i in `find . -name "*.po"` do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming Files using Shell Script

Hi Gurus, I have some files(all ending with .out as extension). Ex: aa1.out aa2.out aa3.out I would like to append each file with the current date to the end of the file so that they should become aa1_20090504.out. So I am using rename as follows: for i in path/aa* ; do mv $i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmfloyd
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for renaming a batch of files

hi i have a folder full of files. some of the names are quite off because the dimensions were the same and i had to put a 'b' after the initial number so that it didnt overwrite. what i want is a script in unix to overwrite the filwe name leaving some of the title intact, e.g. below are some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabs1985
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for renaming files

I wanna back up the original version of files in a directory by appending .ORIG to them. I'm guessing I'd need CP and AWK in some form or fashion. Can someone give me a template? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for renaming and moving files one by one...

Dears, I need your help! I got a problem and found some workaround solution but I donno how to realize it. I have a number of files (about 300 each day) and I need them to be renamed. All these files has fixed number of letters and name looks like this one:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying and Renaming script

Hey all! Sorry for the noobish question.. I am wondering how to I copy multiple files, and rename them based on their directory at once. So, I have files like this /logs/server/2011-10/server-1/log/file/folder/some.log.gz /logs/server/2011-10/server-2/log/file/folder/some.log.gz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3power206
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help required in renaming

Given a directory containing 10 files: 1 - abcd1.txt 2 - abcd2.txt . . 10 - abcd3.txt 1 )Write a one liner sh script* to rename all files that start with a number less than 10, to have a zero in front. ie. 1 - abcd1.txt will be renamed to 01 - abcd1.txt. * You may not make use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for renaming multiple scripts

Hi There I am looking at writing a script that I can run from a cron job (say every month) that will copy my existing scripts to another folder, then in THAT new folder, append them all with the extension of .txt I have the cp command down pat (cp /existing_folder /new_folder) however I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangepeel
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob script not renaming file

Hello, I have below script, which connects to ftp server, pull a file and then it renames it after deleting previous day file. This was working before but now it is not able to rename 'Red_bill.txt' to `Red_bill.V01.txt`. If I run manually 'rename Red_bill.txt Red_bill.V01.txt', I am able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for batch renaming

What is wrong with this script to rename batch of similar files? For example renaming all *.txt files to *.tab . $ for i in seq {01..10}; do touch ${i}.txt; done $ ./rename.sh *.txt txt tab Error: mv: ‘01.txt’ and ‘01.txt’ are the same file. Code is: #!/usr/bin/bash # renames.sh #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)