Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stderr redirection
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers stderr redirection Post 32983 by blakmk on Thursday 12th of December 2002 06:33:02 AM
Old 12-12-2002
stderr redirection

Does anyone know away of redirecting the stderr for a bourne or korn shell script to a file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

stderr

in fprint(stderr, "lkjalsdi\n"); what does stderr mean? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stderr redirection in csh script

Man pages....look at the man pages. If you don't have them, you can find them on-line. Read them when you have nothing better to do. Find new commands and new ways of doing things. The answer: The only way to direct the standard output and standard error separately is by invoking... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh stderr redirection

Hi everyone, Simple scripting question here. I have: #!/bin/csh if ( -e $HOME/*.core) then rm -f $HOME/*.core >& /dev/null else echo "No core files to delete." endif But I keep getting the /home/user/*.core: no match dialog. How can I suppress this? or, why is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolok
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why stderr file descriptor redirection makes ksh's "select" construct hang.

I am trying to use one global declaration --> "exec 2>$ERR" to capture all stderr outputs that may occur anywhere in my script. Then close it at the end of the script using --> "exec 2<&-" I am using KSH on Solaris 8. KSH Version M-11/16/88i If I comment two "exec .." statements in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append stderr

Hi everybody. I was used to redirect stderr to a file in this way, calling a generic script:./myScript &> output.logBut now I need something more sophisticated...Inside a bash script I launch an executable in this way:${command} >> "${globalLogFile}"So I redirect the stdout into globalLogFile.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

STDOUT and STDERR redirection within a script

Hello all, I have a for loop executing in a script that I want to redirect STDOUT to screen and to file, while directing STDERR to the bit bucket. Here is the general sentax of what I'm doing: for i in thingy do some_command ${i} done 1>&1 | tee ${LOGFILE} 2> /dev/null What I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get stderr

Hello I try to store stderr into a variable, then if this var is not empty i send an email and stop my script. I think my problem is due of "<$dump" into my command line. my bad command line (see samples below on this post) if ! $returnedStr ; then echo ERROR READING DUMP: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: giova
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

stdout, stderr redirection

Hi all, can someone help me with the next redirection? i want to redirect the stdout+stderr of a command to the same file (this i can do by prog &> file) but in addition i want to redirect only the stderr to a different file. how can i do this please? (in BASH) thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

stderr redirection not working

I am running tcsh/csh shell on my machine. lately i have realized my stderr file redirection is not working. Please find the terminal logs as below: >echo b c >>& log >cat log b c >echo $a b c >>& log a: Undefined variable. >cat log b c I have never faced such issues, hence not sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt regarding stderr

Hi All, I am writing a shell script code. and i want the stderr to be send to a file and the stdout to be displayed in terminal. In my shell script code i use a read command to get data from user.read -r -p "Enter the type :" data and while i execute my script i use./my_script.sh 2>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth R
4 Replies
roarclientpass(1)				       System User's Manual: roarclientpass					 roarclientpass(1)

NAME
roarclientpass - Passing clients to and creating new listen sockets on RoarAudio sound server SYNOPSIS
roarclientpass [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
This program let you pass new clients to a RoarAudio sound server as as a proxy and let you add new listen sockets to a running server. OPTIONS
--server SERVER Set server hostname. --stdin Client is on stdin. --stdout Client is on stdout. --stdio Same as --stdin --stdout. This option may for example be used in case of being runed from a inetd. --stderr Client is on stderr. Beside to make stderr known as client fh it will disable error output on stderr. This must be used in case this program is used from inetd or simular tools. --client-fh FH Client is on FH. This is basicly the same as --client-fh on roard(1). --proto PROTO Set the protocol used by the client. Defaults to RoarAudio. --byteorder BO Sets the byteorder used by the client. Defaults to network byte order. --listen Client is a listen connection. This is not the same as --mode listen. --mode MODE Set mode of operation: none, listen or connect Defaults to none. --bind BIND Set host/node/path for mode listen and connect. --port PORT Set port for mode listen and connect. --help Show this help SEE ALSO
roartips(7), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). HISTORY
For history information see RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio July 2010 roarclientpass(1)