Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: access to Windows
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions access to Windows Post 32813 by Pennywize on Saturday 7th of December 2002 03:22:45 PM
Old 12-07-2002
access to Windows

I have Red Hat 8.0....
How can I to mount the Windows-partition ?......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to access a windows shared drive from HPUX?

Dear Unix Gurus, I am very very new to UNIX. Apreciate your advice/guidence on the following. I have a HPUX machine and i want to copy some files from this machines to a windows shared drive. I am not sure how to go about it. To my little knowledge i think it is not straight... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicky88
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Windows NT files through Unix.

I would like to write a script running on UNIX to purge files on Windows NT. How can access directory structure on NT through Unix? I am new to UNIX world. Could someone help me with the code. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkarekar
4 Replies

3. BSD

How to use Cygwin to access X windows

Hi, I use WinMe, want to access, remotely, X-windows of my FreeBSD6.2 machine using the Cigwin from my windows machine as a normal user. However, I can login (through ssh and Telnet) to my FeeBSD machine as root and/or 'su' from some users grouped to the 'wheel' group. I'm still new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
1 Replies

4. AIX

Access windows share from AIX

How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
2 Replies

5. Linux

How to access WINDOWS drives from RED HAT 9???

Hello , I am using Red hat 9. I want to access the windows drives from my Linux. Can you please tell me the commands to mount those drives. Till now I am rebooting into windows, copying files into a pen drive and then again coming back to Red hat. help me please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Access wubi files from windows 7

I am unable to boot into my ubuntu installation. I have installed using wubi in windows 7. I just want too access and get some files and then reinstall ubuntu. I know that the files are located in C:/ubuntu/disks/root.disk. I have tried to use explore2fs, but that doesn't seem to work with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access UNIX server based on windows

I want to look up log files on the unix server. My machine is windows 7 pro. I can view them from windows explorer but it is slow because huge amount logs files there. Is there a way or tools to quickly access it? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Access Linux server from windows

I can access the linux server in my company from my desktop windows explorer. I guess samba is working. Please see the images. http://imageshack.us/a/img854/7106/9yvl.png I have a few questions. I don't have the linux account and I have never accessed it from shell. Is my windows login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba Share access from windows

Hello, I want to connect to two samba shares both on the same Linux box but each with a different username from a windows server 2008. I created 2 gpos to connect and I can connect to the shares individually via net use command, but once I entered credentials for one of the shares, it seems I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaineyma
1 Replies
RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					       RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)

NAME
rhn-profile-sync - Update system information on Red Hat Network. SYNOPSIS
rhn-profile-sync [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn-profile-sync is a client program that connects to Red Hat Network (or a Red Hat Network Satellite) and refreshes the data stored for this system. rhn-profile-sync updates data about installed packages, machine hardware, and virtual guest instances (if virtualization is enabled). OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)