Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paranoid about hackers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paranoid about hackers Post 32626 by skotapal on Monday 2nd of December 2002 04:50:34 PM
Old 12-02-2002
I noticed that my system logger was down for some reason...
I restarted and hope that things will be ok. I am curious though as to what happenned?! Should i remain paranoid? It's not good for my temprament though Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

on how to protect your website against hackers

Hi! Looking for some feed back on this tutorial... Thank you for checking out this thread. I'm working on some killer videos right now that will explain in detail how you can protect your website against hackers. The first part of the video series is live right now and it covers Cross-Site... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arne1983
2 Replies
LOGGER(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOGGER(1)

NAME
logger -- make entries in the system log SYNOPSIS
logger [-is] [-d SD] [-f file] [-m msgid] [-p pri] [-t tag] [message ...] DESCRIPTION
logger provides a shell command interface to the syslog(3) system log module. Options: -d sd Log this in the structured data (SD) field. (sd has to be passed as one argument and will require careful quoting when used from the shell.) -f file Log the specified file. -i Log the process id of the logger process with each line. -m msgid The MSGID used for the message. -p pri Enter the message with the specified priority. The priority may be specified numerically or as a ``facility.level'' pair. For example, ``-p local3.info'' logs the message(s) as informational level in the local3 facility. The default is ``user.notice''. -s Log the message to standard error, as well as the system log. -t tag Mark every line in the log with the specified tag. message Write the message to log; if not specified, and the -f flag is not provided, standard input is logged. EXIT STATUS
The logger utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
logger System rebooted logger -p local0.notice -t HOSTIDM -f /dev/idmc SEE ALSO
syslog(3), syslogd(8) STANDARDS
The logger utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BSD
May 14, 2010 BSD