Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paranoid about hackers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paranoid about hackers Post 32626 by skotapal on Monday 2nd of December 2002 04:50:34 PM
Old 12-02-2002
I noticed that my system logger was down for some reason...
I restarted and hope that things will be ok. I am curious though as to what happenned?! Should i remain paranoid? It's not good for my temprament though Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

on how to protect your website against hackers

Hi! Looking for some feed back on this tutorial... Thank you for checking out this thread. I'm working on some killer videos right now that will explain in detail how you can protect your website against hackers. The first part of the video series is live right now and it covers Cross-Site... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arne1983
2 Replies
Paranoid::Log::File(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Paranoid::Log::File(3pm)

NAME
Paranoid::Log::File - File Logging Functions VERSION
$Id: File.pm,v 0.83 2010/04/15 23:23:28 acorliss Exp $ SYNOPSIS
use Paranoid::Log; enableFacility('events', 'file', 'debug', '+', $filename); DESCRIPTION
This module logs messages to the log files, and is safe for use with forked children logging to the same files. Each child will open their own filehandles and use advisory locking for writes. This module should not be used directly, Paranoid::Log should be your exclusive interface for logging. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS NOTE: Given that this module is not intended to be used directly nothing is exported. init log remove dump DEPENDENCIES
o Fcntl o Paranoid::Debug o Paranoid::Filesystem o Paranoid::Input SEE ALSO
o Paranoid::Log BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
This isn't a high performance module when dealing with a high logging rate with high concurrency. This is due to the advisory locking requirement and the seeks to the end of the file with every message. This facility is intended as a kind of lowest-common demoninator for programs that need some kind of logging capability. AUTHOR
Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This software is licensed under the same terms as Perl, itself. Please see http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. (c) 2005, Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) perl v5.14.2 2010-04-15 Paranoid::Log::File(3pm)