Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paranoid about hackers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paranoid about hackers Post 32621 by skotapal on Monday 2nd of December 2002 04:10:42 PM
Old 12-02-2002
Network Paranoid about hackers

Hi all
I noted something strange on my server. The get mesages on my terminal even when I am not logged on. What does this mean? I don;t remember the excact message but it looked like messages from my /var/log/messages. "Can't locate mod probe!" or something like that. I am trying to get the exact messages form the log files but I don't know where to look for tty messages. I guessed it would be /var/log/messages but that did not seem to have the messages I saw.

Please advice!!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

on how to protect your website against hackers

Hi! Looking for some feed back on this tutorial... Thank you for checking out this thread. I'm working on some killer videos right now that will explain in detail how you can protect your website against hackers. The first part of the video series is live right now and it covers Cross-Site... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arne1983
2 Replies
SCROLLKEEPER-REBUILDDB(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 SCROLLKEEPER-REBUILDDB(8)

NAME
scrollkeeper-rebuilddb - rebuild the scrollkeeper document catalog database SYNOPSIS
scrollkeeper-rebuilddb [-p path ] [-v] [-q] DESCRIPTION
This rebuilds the ScrollKeeper database from the original OMF metadata files and documents. Under normal situations, this tool is not nec- essary. It is useful however if the database becomes corrupt, which could be caused by interruption of ScrollKeeper during an update of the database. Errors and warnings are logged to /var/log/scrollkeeper.log. OPTIONS
-p path Use path as the ScrollKeeper database directory. -v Verbose. Show warnings and error messages in addition to logging them to /var/log/scrollkeeper.log. -q Run in quiet mode, suppressing output of all but the most serious warning and error messages to STDOUT. Note that most output to the log file will be unchanged. FILES
/var/lib/scrollkeeper/scrollkeeper_docs /var/lib/scrollkeeper/TOC/<docnumber> /var/lib/scrollkeeper/<locale>/scrollkeeper_cl.xml /var/lib/scrollkeeper/<locale>/scrollkeeper_extended_cl.xml /var/log/scrollkeeper.log AUTHOR
Laszlo Kovacs <laszlo.kovacs@sun.com> Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu> SEE ALSO
scrollkeeper-config(1), scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid(1), scrollkeeper.conf(5), scrollkeeper(7), scrollkeeper-preinstall(8), scrollkeeper- update(8) scrollkeeper Dec 5, 2001 SCROLLKEEPER-REBUILDDB(8)