Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP allo command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP allo command Post 32555 by Perderabo on Friday 29th of November 2002 08:23:34 AM
Old 11-29-2002
rfc 959 says:
Quote:
The ALLO command should be treated as a NOOP (no operation) by those servers which do not require that the maximum size of the file be declared beforehand...
Very few OS's actually require a prestatement of max file size prior to file creation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget (ftp command)

hey, I was wondering if its possible to use a complete path and file name using the mget command example mget /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext or get /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext because whenever i try its says file not found or permission denied..... but if i do cd dir1 cd dir2 cd dir3 mget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganondorf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help concerning the FTP command

How can I use it to copy and get files from other machines. if anyone knows of this FTP command, please post all that you know about it here so I can learn more. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Linux

ftp command

Hi there! I've used the ftp command to transfert datas between linux to unix box. The answer of this command, was: ftp -A -v n0dark Connected to n0dark. 220 n0dark FTP server (Version 4.1 Thu Sep 12 23:46:23 CDT 2002) ready. Name (n0dark:root): ftpn0darkusr 331 Password required for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
2 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP: Why can i not use the ALLO command?

Hi guys, I need to make use of the FTP ALLO command on a Solaris 10 OS. For some reason, FTP does not recognise the command as being valid. Does this command have to be enable> If so, how? thnks, Zaff (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaff
10 Replies

5. AIX

ftp command

How can i make ftp form my pc to my server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls command in FTP

Hi , I am ftping one file from the remort server to local server. I have to choose the recent file from the remote server . To get the recent file i am using the following command. ftp -nvi $IP_ADDRESS user $USER_NAME $PASSWORD bin lcd $LOCAL_DIR cd $REMOT_DIR filename=ls -t ff*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command ?

yesterday i was given an FTP command to use on UNIX Solaris and it was very straight forward and that's probably why i don't remember it, i only remember convoluded things apparently! but it was something as simple as this: ftp xyz_abc.com but that's apparently not it, does anyone know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, I just wan to know that if i want to do ftp that is I have the url of the remote server that is pngpcdb1.walmat.com , Now i want to do ftp and want to transfer some files...how ftp command in unix would help me in that...!!:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulsxn660
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp command

do we have any command run_ftp or this is a function. run_ftp -d $dir $fname $ddir $file b (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
2 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)