Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can someone please tell me how to install a web server Post 32482 by penguin-friend on Wednesday 27th of November 2002 08:36:40 AM
Old 11-27-2002
A web server is what you want?

After reading your thread i seem to understand that you want to set up a web server, and be able to access this web page from your other pcs'...
Normally is included with RH7.2 the apache rpms', which should help you set up the web pages.
Apache is really easy to get up and started...
apache

Try this link...

Hope this will help...

Jason
penguin-friend

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Install Solaris pkg via web

here's a link shows how to install pkgs directly via http sat.lksf_sat_pkgweb.tex - Less known Solaris Features - wikis.sun.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies
byobu-launcher-install(1)					       byobu						 byobu-launcher-install(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-install - Byobu Launcher installation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-install [-n|--no-logout] DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-install(1) is a simple utilty that will add a line to your $HOME/.profile file which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). By default, when users detach from the byobu(1) session they will also logout. Users can change this behavior by adding the [-n|--no-logout] option when they run byobu-launcher-install(1). You can disable this behavior entirely at any time with the byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) utility. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-install(1)