Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with Apache setup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with Apache setup Post 32406 by cstovall on Monday 25th of November 2002 10:20:45 AM
Old 11-25-2002
Question Problems with Apache setup

I posted a problem with the forum on 11/18/02. Unfortunately, I
have been out of town. Today is the first chance I've had to try
the suggestions that were made.

Here is the output from the ls -l configure* command:

-rw-r--r-- 1root sys 58230 May 21 2002 configure

When I type " sh ./configure or ksh ./configure " I get the output:

. /configure: ^M: not found
. /configure: syntax error line 103: `in^M unexpected

The forums help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Apache setup

I downloaded Apache 1.3.27.tar.gz into my SCO u/install directory. However, to begin with, I couldn't untar the file using the " tar xvf apache-1.3.27.tar.gz" command, so I used winzip from a windows computer on our network. Winzip untarred the file and I transferred the files to the SCO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. Solaris

problems with Apache

I have a Solaris 8 box and need to install Apache 2.0.55 on it. First thing I tried was compiling from source code. During the make phase, I got the following errors: Then I tried downloading the binaries. I tried the one available from Apache's site and the one from sunfreeware.com, with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Folder and setup Apache

Hi, I'm a new person in here and also newbie. When I create a home folder for User and let them install any things they want in their own folder but there is one problem and i don't know how to resolved it. I post with a captured picture about this problem ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cthinh
1 Replies

4. Linux

problems in linux mail server setup

hi i want to set up LInux mail server for intranet purpose. i used following document as reference Linux Mail Server softwares used are : Postfix # pre installed Procmail # pre installed Fetchmail # pre installed SpamBayes Mutt #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup Apache + mod_fcgi + suphp?

Hello. Could you please post an example of configuration of Apache + mod_fcgi + suphp? Till now I can get to work only either mod_fcgi or suphp, but not together. As I understand, suphp binary should be called from FCGIWrapper directive, but it always says, that SCRIPT_NAME variable is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FractalizeR
0 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache Problems.

Hello guys I have been running a LAMP stack for awhile now but have never really explored the server side end of things. What I am trying to do is have a python script on a website run a bash command. This will accomplish a system so someone can create an account for proxy access via a webpage.... (45 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkphaux
45 Replies

7. Web Development

Problems starting Apache 2.0.54

Hi, I just installed Apache 2.0.54 and when I try and start httpd I get mohit@mohit-desktop:/sw/pkg/apache/bin$ ./httpd -k start httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName (13): make_sock: could not bind to address :80 no listening... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Problems with Internet setup

Hi, I am using VMWARE and when I have the network connection set to NAT and the VM set to DHCP I get internet connection. But when I set the connection to BRIDGED and assign a static IP address I loose internet connection. I have used netconfig to manually assign the IP Address, GATEWAY, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

9. Linux

Could not open the lock database - Apache WebDAV setup

I configured a WebDAV server using Apache. Here is my configuration: DAVLockDB /var/www/DAVLock.db <Location /majid> AllowOverride None Options +Indexes DAV On AuthUserFile /var/www/users.db AuthName Authentication AuthType Basic <Limit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

apache httpd virtual hosts setup keep hitting the same VirtualHost

I'm trying to set up two virtual hosts. Here's my httpd config: <Directory /Users/userX/dev/sandbox-2> Order deny,allow deny from All Allow from localhost </Directory> NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1 <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1> DocumentRoot "/Users/userX/dev/sandbox-2" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GlideK
0 Replies
DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)

NAME
       dh_auto_configure - automatically configure a package prior to building

SYNOPSIS
       dh_auto_configure [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_auto_configure is a debhelper program that tries to automatically configure a package prior to building. It does so by running the
       appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses.  For example, it looks for and runs a ./configure script,
       Makefile.PL, Build.PL, or cmake. A standard set of parameters is determined and passed to the program that is run. Some build systems, such
       as make, do not need a configure step; for these dh_auto_configure will exit without doing anything.

This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_configure at all, and just
       run ./configure or its equivalent manually.

OPTIONS
       See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options.

-- params
	   Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_configure usually passes. For example:

dh_auto_configure -- --with-foo --enable-bar

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						      DH_AUTO_CONFIGURE(1)