Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to move trace files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to move trace files Post 32274 by Perderabo on Thursday 21st of November 2002 10:18:06 AM
Old 11-21-2002
They work for me. Could it be that after the "rm" test, the other commands are failing because there are no files left?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to move files not in use

I need to write a script to move files only when they are not in use. I have a rudementry bash script for Linux but i need a perl script so it will work on Linux and hpux. Oracle writes files to a directory called /data and the files there are moved every 5 minutes to a new home. But i need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to report on Oracle's trace files

Hi All, Does anyone have any shell script out there that looks into Oracle trace files generated in the bdump, cdump & udump directories & reports on the contents (errors) within these files. Your help is highly appreciated. Regards, - divroro12 - (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to move files based on name

Hi folks, I'm new here and appreciate greatly any help. I have a bunch of files that need be moved and renamed. Fortunately, they are all in sequence... Present filename and path: /.catalog1/t76038_842-01 Move to: /.catalog1/76038-01 So, we need to drop the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: axslinger
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to move files

Hi , I need a simple shell script to move the files from one directory to another directory after every 1 hour..!!! ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SARAL SAXENA
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a script to gzip/move files

Hi Please can you help me in writing a script to find files on a specific directory, and of extension "tap" but only of the month of september, gzip and move them to another directory. Your help will be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script move files by name

hi, I have a lot of files named xxxxx__AA.txt, xxxxx__BB.txt, xxxxx__CC.txt and I would like to move xxxxx__AA.txt in AA directory, xxxxx__BB.txt in BB etc. Could you help me do it in bash script? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move certain no. of files every second

Hi All, I am new to Linux/Scripting and need some assistance in coming up with a script that can move certain amount of files from one directory to other every seconds. Usercase: We have around 100k files in tmp directory on my server which needs to be moved to another folder to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj1184
3 Replies
SHTOOL-MOVE.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-MOVE.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-move - GNU shtool enhanced mv(1) replacement SYNOPSIS
shtool move [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-e|--expand] [-p|--preserve] src-file dst-file DESCRIPTION
This is a mv(1) style command enhanced with the ability to rename multiple files in a single operation and the ability to detect and not touch existing equal destinations files, thus preserving timestamps. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -e, --expand Expand asterisk in src to be used as ""%"n" (where n is 1,2,...) in dst-file. This is useful for renaming multiple files at once. -p, --preserve Detect src-file and dst-file having equal content and not touch existing destination files, thus perserving timestamps. This is useful for applications that monitor timestamps, i.e. suppress make(1L) repeating actions for unchanged files. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool move -v -e '*.txt' %1.asc # Makefile scanner.c: scanner.l lex scanner.l shtool move -t -p lex.yy.c scanner.c HISTORY
The GNU shtool move command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1999 for GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), mv(1), make(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-MOVE.TMP(1)