Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: activating ./dtterm
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers activating ./dtterm Post 32261 by RTM on Thursday 21st of November 2002 09:24:36 AM
Old 11-21-2002
You have to do the xhost + command from a console window and not a regular terminal window.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. Solaris

spawning new shells using dtterm in Solaris 8

Hi all, First time poster here. Great forum. Im trying to spawn new shells and pass commands to the new shells in a solaris 8 environment utilizing dtterm and its option -e. I can successfully spawn a window utilizing the following code: /usr/dt/bin/dtterm -display <ip.address> & ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rocketman8541
4 Replies

3. Slackware

activating network connection in linux

Hi all, I've just installed redhat linux 7.3 and everything is good so far except my network connection. When I use the wizard to activate it gives me an error 'cannot activate' but no reason. Using the wizard I can see the device Eth0 and under the hardware tab it seems to recognize the card... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
13 Replies

4. IP Networking

Activating an interface on a Solaris 10

Help! How do I get (configure) an inteface up in order to get access to the internet? System in use is SPARC Ultra 5 - it worked before but not now when I re-installed the system and forgot to connect the RJ45 cable to the interface. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maen
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
7 Replies

7. Solaris

launching an automated telnet session using dtterm

Hi , I have to write a shell script which would be invoked from a Java program. The job of this script would be to launch a telnet session i was using dtterm for the same and the expect command to automate that. spawn dtterm -e telnet <server ip address> expect "Username:" send... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeev_solanki
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dtterm to list a folder contents in new window

Hi everyone,:cool: thank you in advance for any help on this I have a dtterm command to open a new small terminal window with a contents of log, and it works fine. dtterm -title "my.log" -geometry =40x30+0+550 -fn 6x13 -e tail -n 40 -f /home/logs/user.log & However what I want to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfcents
4 Replies

9. AIX

Help on activating port 25

Hi, I have started the sendmail service on aix box, using startsrc -s sendmail. but when I am using the command telnet <Server ip> 25, it is not showing as port open, Please suggest. Regards, Manu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

10. AIX

Help activating http service on AIX

Am new to AIX 5.1 and we have our production database running on it. I need to activate HTTP service so that i can connect to the database's Enterprise manager from my workstation's web browser. can anyone help me with how to activate HTTP service on AIX 5.1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachay
9 Replies
pam_smartcard(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					  pam_smartcard(5)

NAME
pam_smartcard - PAM authentication module for Smart Card SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/security/pam_smartcard.so DESCRIPTION
The Smart Card service module for PAM, /usr/lib/security/pam_smartcard.so, provides functionality to obtain a user's information (such as user name and password) for a smart card. The pam_smartcard.so module is a shared object that can be dynamically loaded to provide the nec- essary functionality upon demand. Its path is specified in the PAM configuration file pam.conf. See pam.conf(4). Smart Card Authentication Module The Smart Card authentication component provides the pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM) function to verify the identity of a smart card user. The pam_sm_authenticate() function collects as user input the PIN number. It passes this data back to its underlying layer, OCF, to perform PIN verification. If verification is successful, the module returns PAM_SUCCESS, and passes the username and password from the smart card to PAM modules stacked below.pam_smartcard. The following options can be passed to the Smart Card service module: debug syslog(3C) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. nowarn Turn off warning messages. verbose Turn on verbose authentication failure reporting to the user. Smart Card Module Configuration The PAM smart card module (pam_smartcard) can be configured in the PAM configuration file (/etc/pam.conf). For example, the following con- figuration on on the desktop (Common Desktop Environment) forces a user to use a smart card for logging in. The following are typical values set by 'smartcard -c enable', if the command is applied to the default configuration. dtlogin auth requisite pam_smartcard.so.1 dtlogin auth required pam_authtok_get.so.1 dtlogin auth required pam_dhkeys.so.1 dtsession auth requisite pam_smartcard.so.1 dtsession auth required pam_authtok_get.so.1 dtsession auth required pam_dhkeys.so.1 SEE ALSO
smartcard(1M), libpam(3LIB), pam(3PAM), pam_authenticate(3PAM), pam_start(3PAM), pam.conf(4), pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_authtok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5), pam_unix_session(5) NOTES
The pam_unix(5) module is no longer supported. Similar functionality is provided by pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_auth- tok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5), and pam_unix_session(5). SunOS 5.10 24 Oct 2002 pam_smartcard(5)