Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting for Unix and/or Linux Post 31755 by FastFood on Wednesday 13th of November 2002 05:07:06 AM
Old 11-13-2002
MySQL

Thanks for replying. I live in N. London and there are colleges that I might consider, trouble is it takes too long (a few months). I'll probably take one of the L.Tree courses which are mainly used by companies (like the ones I've been b4).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. Linux

Difference between Linux and Unix and also C and C++ and also about Shell Scripting

Please Let me know this Que and Ans please Because i applied for a H1B VISA nad i have a INTERVIEW as soon so please "Difference between Linux and Unix and also C and C++ and also about Shell Scripting about all Questions and Answers ." (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhav
3 Replies

3. Linux

Linux/Unix Shell Scripting Book

I want to learn Linux/Unix shell scripting, I searched this forum but got some results for Unix Admin books and general Linux books. Would someone recommend a good Linux Shell Scripting book? I did order one book A Practical Guide to Linux(R) Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Scripting on Linux 9.

I am NEW to Unix. I studied a few Unix Shell Commands 8 years ago in IBM AIX machines. I want to learn/brush up Unix shell commands, therefore I just installed Red Hat Linux 9 in a P3 machine. But I do not know where to start Unix Scripting in that Linux. I chose Desktop / Personnel while ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risuresh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting on Linux 9.

I am NEW to Unix. I studied a few Unix Shell Commands 8 years ago in IBM AIX machines. I want to learn/brush up Unix shell commands, therefore I just installed Red Hat Linux 9 in a P3 machine. But I do not know where to start Unix Scripting in that Linux. I chose Desktop / Personnel while ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risuresh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Linux

In shell Can I pass " to a program ? If not what is the work around ..? Can I define * as a wild card charecter that will return all the values from the files ..? I am trying to create a tool that will return the values from a property file . This tool has to support all the wild card... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: app1sxv
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux/Unix shell scripting vs Perl

Hi, I have general question: i have good working Perl script with .pl extension, and now I have to migrate all to another Linux box, and I was told that I can use only shell scripting, so I'm not sure how different those two things are, will it work without any changes . Is there anything smart I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

array + if in linux shell scripting

Hi, I am having two set of files with different number of columns and rows. A set of files have only single row with 20 columns. B set of files have 1000s of rows with 5 columns. both set contains equal number of files. I want to save all the 20 columns of A in variables one by one and... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
21 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Linux Shell Scripting If-else and Case

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is what is asked: If the user enters ‘3’, prompt the user for two file names. Verify that the file names... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindy01
2 Replies
openipmish(1)						 Shell interface to an IPMI system					     openipmish(1)

NAME
openipmish - Shell interface to an IPMI system SYNOPSIS
openipmish [option] DESCRIPTION
The openipmish is a command interpreter that gives the full power of the OpenIPMI library to a user-level command language. It is designed so it can easily be driven with a scripting language like TCL, it has well-formed output. openipmish starts up with no connections or anything of that nature. You must enter commands to make connections to domains. OPTIONS
--dmsg Turn on message debugging, this will dump all messages to debug log output. --drawmsg Turn on raw message debugging, this will dump all low-level messages to debug log output. This differs from normal message debug- ging in that all protocol messages are also dumped, not just IPMI messages. --dmem Turn on memory debugging, this will cause memory allocation and deallocations to be checked. When the program terminates, it will dump all memory that was not properly freed (leaked). --dmsgerr Turn on printing out low-level message errors. --dlock Turn on lock debugging, this will check lock operations to make sure that locks are help in all the proper places and make sure that locks are properly nested. -x <string>, --execute <string> Execute the given string at startup. This may be entered multiple times for multiple commands. --glib Use glib for the OS handler. --snmp Enable the SNMP trap handler. openipmish must be compiled with SNMP code enabled for this option to be available. --help Help output COMMANDS
openipmish follows the standard command syntax defined in ipmi_cmdlang(7). See that for the details on most commands. The IPMI manual that comes with OpenIPMI will also be quite handy. openipmish defines some commands that are not in the standard command language. These are: read Read and execute commands from the given file. exit Quit redisp_cmd on|off Normally, openipmish redisplays the command line when an event comes in. This is nice for interactive use, but bad for scripting. This lets you turn that function on and off. SEE ALSO
ipmi_cmdlang(7), ipmi_ui(1) KNOWN PROBLEMS
None AUTHOR
Corey Minyard <cminyard@mvista.org> OpenIPMI 05/13/03 openipmish(1)