Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers emergency help ! about unixware backup Post 31453 by LivinFree on Thursday 7th of November 2002 08:48:34 PM
Old 11-07-2002
Is /tmp mounted on it's own disk/device/partition?
Do you have the "lsof" utility installed?
If by some chance you do, try using 'lsof | grep "/tmp"'

You can see what is using the direcotry/device.

Sorry I can't offer more - I have never used UnixWare...
Hopefully someone here knows more about UnixWare and can help for sure...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Emergency help with script!

I'm trying to write a script to push out to all our servers some Veritas add-ons. I want the script to push to all servers and if there server hardware matches the uname -i statement, it will install a additional add-on.. The script keeps giving me a error on line 29. Here is the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Emergency help with ubuntu

Hi guys i have some question about ubuntu(10.10) 1.what time scheduling & page replacement algorithm have been used in ubuntu 2.how to create a process 3.how to kill a process 4.how to send information to a process 5.how to see a process 6.how to increase priority of a process 7.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mortez28
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Emergency !!!Help Please--- NFS

Hi Guru's, I am unable to mount NFS share on unix system (DG/UX) which is nfs client. Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid argument mount: giving up on: /mountpoint i tried following commands mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justin John
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX emergency

can anyone please tell me that how can i boot unix from a cd? full procedure. it's an emergency. reply asap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niket agarwal
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIXWare Backup Tape Stuck

We have a SCO UnixWare system version 7.1.3, running a front end ERP system on a Compaq/HP Proliant ML370 server. Compaq ProLiant ML370 Server I change the tape everyday to do a daily back up. When I pressed the eject button last night it failed to spit the tape out.....HELP. 1) Is this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
12 Replies

8. SCO

Need emergency boot CD UNIXware 7.1.1 (or 7.1..4)

In my previous thread post (which is also the most recent on this SCO forum), I mentioned that we have an HP DL380G5 server running SCO Unixware 7.11 which has unable to boot with error “FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can't load stage 3”. .. Unfortunately no media is available for the machine and I think the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BernP
1 Replies

9. SCO

Emergency Help about backup of SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzad226
1 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)