Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Acessing manpages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Acessing manpages Post 3142 by nucca on Sunday 24th of June 2001 02:45:48 AM
Old 06-24-2001
Acessing manpages

How do I access the actual manpage document? nroff manpage.x ?

DAve

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to search within manpages?

well, the subject tells everything. i don't want to search for something in any manpage, but for a word in a specific manpage. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeanmartin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

acessing awk array element while getline < "file"

I am attempting to write a awk script that reads in a file after awk array elements are assigned and using those elements while reading in the new file. Does this make sense? /pattern/ {tst=$3} (( getline < "file" ) > 0 ) { x=x " "tst } When I print tst in the END statement it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
9 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Manpages link

This link does not connect to anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Acessing files on Sun Storage J4200 array

Hi. I'm maintaining a small network of Solaris/Linux clients with a NFS/NIS server running Solaris 10. The server is a SPARC Enterprise M4000 sharing NFS filesystem that the clients are mounting. The hard drives on the server are on a Sun Storage J4200 array of 12 disks. I don't have details on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: JhnHta
13 Replies
soelim(1)							   User Commands							 soelim(1)

NAME
soelim - resolve and eliminate .so requests from nroff or troff input SYNOPSIS
soelim [filename]... DESCRIPTION
soelim reads the specified files or the standard input and performs the textual inclusion implied by the nroff(1) directives of the form: .so somefile when they appear at the beginning of input lines. This is useful as programs such as tbl(1) do not normally do this. It allows the placement of individual tables in separate files to be run as a part of a large document. An argument consisting of - is taken to be a file name corresponding to the standard input. Inclusion can be suppressed by using a single quote (') instead of a dot (.) that is, ' so /usr/share/lib/tmac/tmac.s EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using the soelim Command The following is an example of the soelim command: example% soelim exum?.n | tbl | nroff -ms | col | lpr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
more(1), nroff(1), tbl(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 soelim(1)