Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Multiple Interfaces and Routes Post 3118 by Neo on Friday 22nd of June 2001 10:14:18 PM
Old 06-22-2001
Most route commands have the interface as one of the last options. This is because you can specify routes based on the interface. Can you do a man on your route command and post the results?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple interfaces with apache?

I'm having some problems here, and was wondering whether it was an Apache problem. We have two firewalls where I'm at, Apache is installed on the second one. The first firewall is setup to forward all outside requests to port 80 on the second firewall. Apache is only working on the lan, not the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerberusofhnsg
2 Replies

2. AIX

Multiple Default routes

Hi All, I have a AIX server running v5.2 and its having multiple default routes configured to two seperate gateway. Here's the output of -- netstat -rn Routing tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use If PMTU Exp Groups Route Tree for Protocol Family 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

DHCPD, Multiple interfaces, Single Subnet

I have an OpenBSD 3.7 firewall with five network interfaces on it, one of which is connected to the Internet. I'd like to use the remaining four interfaces as a network switch for a single internal subnet. The main problem I have is that the DHCP daemon doesn't like multiple interfaces matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

4. AIX

Multiple LAN Interfaces

Is there a way to add routes using the add route command in AIX to add different routes and bind them to different NICS installed in the box? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding multiple virtual interfaces on a non global zone.

Hello All, I have a requirement to add multiple virtual interfaces on a non-global zone (Solaris 10). The global zone is a 2 node Veritas Cluster Server. So, my question is do we have to make any modifications to the cluster config (which I think should not be the case)? Can anyone help with me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8: Multiple primary interfaces connected to the same network

Hello, I have a machine with Solaris 8, and it has multiple interfaces that are connected to the same network which means they all have metric 0 (1 hop) to the default gateway. assume: * e1000g0: 10.1.1.70 * e1000g2: 10.1.1.72 * e1000g4: 10.1.1.74 * e1000g5: 10.1.1.76 * gateway:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeg
11 Replies

7. AIX

Problem with multiple network interfaces

Hi .. we have two AIX 5.3 systems with a small client server app communicating over a TCP socket. Box A has a single network interface where the server app (in Java) opens a well known port and waits for connections from Box B. Box B has two network interfaces, X and Y. Interface X has the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonBowater
4 Replies
Dancer::Route::Cache(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Dancer::Route::Cache(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::Route::Cache - route caching mechanism for Dancer SYNOPSIS
my $cache = Dancer::Route::Cache->new( path_limit => 300, # optional ); # storing a path # /new/item/ is the path, $route is a compiled route $cache->store_path( 'get', '/new/item/', $route ); my $cached_route = $cache->route_from_path('/new/item/'); DESCRIPTION
When Dancer first starts, it has to compile a regexp list of all the routes. Then, on each request it goes over the compiled routes list and tries to compare the requested path to a route. A major drawback is that Dancer has to go over the matching on every request, which (especially on CGI-based applications) can be very time consuming. The caching mechanism allows one to cache some requests to specific routes (but NOT specific results) and run those routes on a specific path. This allows us to speed up Dancer quite a lot. METHODS
/SUBROUTINES new(@args) Creates a new route cache object. my $cache = Dancer::Route::Cache->new( path_limit => 100, # only 100 paths will be cached size_limit => '30M', # max size for cache is 30MB ); Please check the "ATTRIBUTES" section below to learn about the arguments for "new()". route_from_path($path) Fetches the route from the path in the cache. store_path( $method, $path => $route ) Stores the route in the cache according to the path and $method. For developers: the reason we're using an object for this and not directly using the registry hash is because we need to enforce the limits. parse_size($size) Parses the size wanted to bytes. It can handle Kilobytes, Megabytes or Gigabytes. NOTICE: handles bytes, not bits! my $bytes = $cache->parse_size('30M'); # doesn't need an existing object $bytes = Dancer::Route::Cache->parse_size('300G'); # works this way too route_cache_size Returns a rough calculation the size of the cache. This is used to enforce the size limit. route_cache_paths Returns all the paths in the cache. This is used to enforce the path limit. ATTRIBUTES
size_limit($limit) Allows one to set a size limit of the cache. Returns the limit (post-set). $cache->size_limit('10K'); # sets limit my $limit = $cache->size_limit; # gets limit path_limit($limit) A path limit. That is, the amount of paths that whose routes will be cached. Returns the limit (post-set). $cache->path_limit('100'); # sets limit my $limit = $cache->path_limit; # gets limit AUTHOR
Sawyer X LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Sawyer X. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-27 Dancer::Route::Cache(3pm)