Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Platform decision
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Platform decision Post 31078 by RTM on Thursday 31st of October 2002 04:30:19 PM
Old 10-31-2002
I'm surprised you didn't try to talk him into buying a true cluster - VMS or Alpha! (I started on VMS) - I've yet to see a cluster match up to those.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decision, case, it then else?

I'm writing this script in Korn Shell, on AIX. The script will print a log file, and it needs to decide what region it's in before printing. ( the output of db2 "get instance" is either "The current database manager instance is: db2q" or "The current database manager instance is: db2u") ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

WIPO Official Decision

At Last Official Decision of UNIX.com Domain dispute by WIPO is available to review. http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0294.html (Status: unix.com > Complaint denied) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numerical Decision

I'm tryning to do something like this, I have this file: spaces12tabgoodbye spaces3tabhello I want to copy to another file the lines that have the number above 10... I thought using sort -rn but I don't know how to discard the lines that have the number below 10. Any idea? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmpx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on decision making...

is_number() { echo $1|egrep '^*$' 2>&1 1>/dev/null return $? }why the following snippet always give an output as "no" and never "yes" whatever the parameter I give to function is_number? if ]; then echo yes; else echo no; fi In addition, the function is_number() is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read section of file and take decision

Hi, My requirement is that I've to read a config file having below info Oracle number|double;integer -> user can put multiple values here blob|binary varchar2|string varchar|string number(p,s)|decimal timestamp|date/time and so on .... Sybase bigint|bigint datetime|date/time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decision based on field value

Hi, I need to change the 3rd field value based on the 4th field value using a shell script. here are the fields; 05:15-23:59; 05:15-21:00; 11:00-18:00; TGSI; TGSummaryInfo_C ; ENTER VALID GAC 05:15-23:59; 05:15-21:00; 11:00-18:00; TGSI; TGSummaryInfo_E ; ENTER VALID GAC 05:15-23:59;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
4 Replies
wav2swf(1)							     swftools								wav2swf(1)

NAME
wav2swf - convert a WAV file to an SWF animation. Synopsis wav2swf [-o filename] file.wav DESCRIPTION
Takes a wav file and converts it to a swf movie. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print short help message and exit -V, --version Print version info and exit -o, --output filename Explicitly specify output file. (Otherwise, output will go to output.swf) -r, --framerate fps Set file framerate to fps frames per second. -s, --samplerate sps Set samplerate to sps frames per second (default: 11025). -d, --definesound Store the sound as DEFINESOUND tag, not as streaming sound. Allows for looping. -l, --loop n Loop the sound n times. -C, --cgi For use as CGI- prepend http header, write to stdout. -S, --stop Stop the movie at frame 0, and start the sound at 1, so that the sound will not play until a "GotoFrame(1)" is issued. (For use with flashsound.js). -E, --end Stop the movie at the end frame -b, --bitrate bps Set mp3 bitrate to bps (default: 32) -v, --verbose Be more verbose. (Use more than one /-v for greater effect) AUTHOR
Matthias Kramm <kramm@quiss.org> wav2swf February 2012 wav2swf(1)