Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Platform decision
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Platform decision Post 31078 by RTM on Thursday 31st of October 2002 04:30:19 PM
Old 10-31-2002
I'm surprised you didn't try to talk him into buying a true cluster - VMS or Alpha! (I started on VMS) - I've yet to see a cluster match up to those.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

decision, case, it then else?

I'm writing this script in Korn Shell, on AIX. The script will print a log file, and it needs to decide what region it's in before printing. ( the output of db2 "get instance" is either "The current database manager instance is: db2q" or "The current database manager instance is: db2u") ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

WIPO Official Decision

At Last Official Decision of UNIX.com Domain dispute by WIPO is available to review. http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-0294.html (Status: unix.com > Complaint denied) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numerical Decision

I'm tryning to do something like this, I have this file: spaces12tabgoodbye spaces3tabhello I want to copy to another file the lines that have the number above 10... I thought using sort -rn but I don't know how to discard the lines that have the number below 10. Any idea? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmpx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query on decision making...

is_number() { echo $1|egrep '^*$' 2>&1 1>/dev/null return $? }why the following snippet always give an output as "no" and never "yes" whatever the parameter I give to function is_number? if ]; then echo yes; else echo no; fi In addition, the function is_number() is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read section of file and take decision

Hi, My requirement is that I've to read a config file having below info Oracle number|double;integer -> user can put multiple values here blob|binary varchar2|string varchar|string number(p,s)|decimal timestamp|date/time and so on .... Sybase bigint|bigint datetime|date/time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decision based on field value

Hi, I need to change the 3rd field value based on the 4th field value using a shell script. here are the fields; 05:15-23:59; 05:15-21:00; 11:00-18:00; TGSI; TGSummaryInfo_C ; ENTER VALID GAC 05:15-23:59; 05:15-21:00; 11:00-18:00; TGSI; TGSummaryInfo_E ; ENTER VALID GAC 05:15-23:59;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
4 Replies
GNOME(1)							       User								  GNOME(1)

NAME
coriander - control and display dc1394 camera images SYNOPSIS
coriander [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
GNOME options --disable-sound Disable sound server usage --enable-sound Enable sound server usage --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT Host:port on which the sound server to use is running --version Help options -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --name=NAME Program name as used by the window manager --class=CLASS Program class as used by the window manager --gxid_host=HOST --gxid_port=PORT --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module GNOME GUI options --disable-crash-dialog Session management options --sm-client-id=ID Specify session management ID --sm-config-prefix=PREFIX Specify prefix of saved configuration --sm-disable Disable connection to session manager Gnome coriander 1.0.0-pre3 May 2004 GNOME(1)