Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers External Modem for RHL 7.3... Post 30930 by Vishnu on Tuesday 29th of October 2002 05:46:43 PM
Old 10-29-2002
Thank you AngryRabbi!!!

I will search for the model and Motorola brand you suggested.

I hope the modem will fit into my PCI card bus slot and I don't think that there should be any different behavior with my notebook.

Also can you tell me whether you had to use any drivers for getting it worked / whether you had to download or available with the PCI card??

Cheers!
Vishnu.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem on HP-UX 10.20

Hi everyone I am having some real difficulties getting a dial in modem to work on one of my HP boxes. It's a mux modem on port 7 which I have set up at 9600 baud. I can dial in, the handshakes are completed, but then it returns incoherent characters on the emulation screen. I think my dial in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual booted RHL 7.3 with Win XP..

Hello all, I'm a no Linux expert! But I perfectly dual booted Win XP with RHL 7.3 on a hp pavilion notebook (model ze5170). All working fantastic now. But I have a minor problem now. I can't get RHL probe the modem, so could not get the internet connection working. The modem is a Conexant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reset External Modem / Solaris 8

It's no longer auto answering. I've power cycled the modem, but is there a command to reinitialize the modem/serial port? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgordon
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing External Modem on Unix

:o I need some help changing the configuration for a 56k Modem to a 28k modem on the server. Any help on installing this will be greatly appreciated!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinitygirl71
3 Replies

8. Debian

HDD not detected by RHL 9 (or 7.2)

Hi, I have got myself a new hard disk- a 80 GB SATA IDE from Seagate. When I try installing Red Hat Linux 9(and RHL 7.2 too), it displays an error message saying that it fails to detect any hard drive. In the BIOS, I tried changing the drive configuration to "Legacy Drive", but that didnt help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
5 Replies

9. Linux

Local NTP on RHL

Hi I have an offline system, no access to the internet. It has a number of windows vms as well as some physical Red hat linux servers. I would like to one of the linux servers as a NTP server, so its local time is used as the reference point for all the other vms. How do I do this. Most of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelseyh1
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed - RHL

Hi, have been given a dell server with redhat linux installed , in my new company on my desk , have not worked much on linux. Was also given a static IP. I dont have a console, but a monitor, that I switch between my desktop and this server. yesterday I wanted to change IP of the server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi123
4 Replies
GTP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GTP(4)

NAME
gtp -- Gemtek PCI FM radio device SYNOPSIS
gtp* at pci? flags 0x00 radio* at gtp? DESCRIPTION
The gtp driver provides support for the Gemtek PCI and Guillemot MaxiRadio FM2000 FM radio tuners. The Gemtek PCI cards are stereo FM tuners that can tune in the range 87.5 - 108.0 MHz, report signal status and stereo/mono on the current frequency, force audio output to mono, perform hardware signal search, and have an internal AFC. The card is based on the TEA5757 chip; see radio(4) for details. The flags control the driver behavior. For example, with flags 0x01 the driver will assume that a TEA5759 chip is used. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), radio(4), radio(9) HISTORY
The gtp device driver appeared in OpenBSD 3.2 and subsequently in NetBSD 1.6 wherein it replaced the mr(4) driver. AUTHORS
The gtp driver and the man page was written by Vladimir Popov <jumbo@narod.ru>. BUGS
It is impossible to determine which frequency the card is tuned to. Thus, the driver will report an internally stored value even if it is not correct (changed by some program that uses direct port access). BSD
March 26, 2011 BSD