Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dual network ports
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dual network ports Post 30912 by s93366 on Tuesday 29th of October 2002 01:06:34 PM
Old 10-29-2002
The software is Sun Trunk.

It requires you to have a network switch that supports the trunking protocol. check the docs for supported switches.. we are using a quad fast ether with all for ports acting as one for our b backup solution. Works great!

check it out!

/Peter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnetd: all network ports in use

I hope someone can enlighten me on this. A few weeks ago, the root file system my UnixWare 7.1.1 server became corrupt so I ended up doing a full restore of the OS from tape backup. Since then, after I get about 270 users on the system, the message "telnetd: all network ports in use" is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davekox
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Dual IP configuration with two different network card

I am trying to configure dual IP each on different interfaces (ce0, ce2) with one logical/virtual IP. I can ping all three IP but can not TELNET to any of them. Here is all the information: ********************************************************* root@osssvr # more /etc/hosts # # Internet host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr.adnan.sarwar
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

4. Hardware

Identifying Network Ports

OK, so I have a real dumb question, but I am desperate for an answer. If my Sun machine shows the following out put. root@xxxx:/# egrep network /etc/path_to_inst "/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/network@c,1" 0 "eri" "/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/network@5,1" 1 "eri" Does that indicate that there is one eri... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

5. Linux

nix User Access Restrictions to Network, USB ports, PCMCIA, CDROM

How to create a user account on a Linux desktop machine with restrictions on connecting to the LAN, WAN, PCMCIA ports, Firewire, CDROM and generally any user controllable output options? I have the task to set up a machine for users working with sensitive data that should not be leaving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

9. Linux

Ports,number of slots,network devices - UNIX

Hi All, Can someone help me in finding out below information from ReHat linux,Solaris,AIX, hp-ux machine : 1. How to find total number of ports in supported by each slot. 2. name of ports that are used to transmit data to the printer 3. total number of slots on a network device (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
2 Replies
VALE(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   VALE(4)

NAME
vale -- a very fast Virtual Local Ethernet using the netmap API SYNOPSIS
device netmap DESCRIPTION
vale is a feature of the netmap(4) module that implements multiple Virtual switches that can be used to interconnect netmap clients, includ- ing traffic sources and sinks, packet forwarders, userspace firewalls, and so on. vale is implemented completely in software, and is extremely fast. On a modern machine it can move almost 20 Million packets per second (Mpps) per core with small frames, and about 70 Gbit/s with 1500 byte frames. OPERATION
vale dynamically creates switches and ports as clients connect to it using the netmap(4) API. vale ports are named vale[bdg:][port] where vale is the prefix indicating a VALE switch rather than a standard interface, bdg indicates a specific switch (the colon is a separator), and port indicates a port within the switch. Bridge and port names are arbitrary strings, the only constraint being that the full name must fit within 16 characters. See netmap(4) for details on the API. LIMITS vale currently supports up to 4 switches, 16 ports per switch, with 1024 buffers per port. These hard limits will be changed to sysctl vari- ables in future releases. SYSCTL VARIABLES
vale uses the following sysctl variables to control operation: dev.netmap.bridge The maximum number of packets processed internally in each iteration. Defaults to 1024, use lower values to trade latency with throughput. dev.netmap.verbose Set to non-zero values to enable in-kernel diagnostics. EXAMPLES
Create one switch, with a traffic generator connected to one port, and a netmap-enabled tcpdump instance on another port: tcpdump -ni vale-a:1 & pkt-gen -i vale-a:0 -f tx & Create two switches, each connected to two qemu machines on different ports. qemu -net nic -net netmap,ifname=vale-1:a ... & qemu -net nic -net netmap,ifname=vale-1:b ... & qemu -net nic -net netmap,ifname=vale-2:c ... & qemu -net nic -net netmap,ifname=vale-2:d ... & SEE ALSO
netmap(4) http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/vale/ Luigi Rizzo, Giuseppe Lettieri: VALE, a switched ethernet for virtual machines, June 2012, http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/vale/ AUTHORS
The vale switch was designed and implemented in 2012 by Luigi Rizzo and Giuseppe Lettieri at the Universita` di Pisa. vale was funded by the European Commission within FP7 Projects CHANGE (257422) and OPENLAB (287581). BSD
July 27, 2012 BSD