Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers oracle performance on solaris 8 Post 30809 by niasdad on Monday 28th of October 2002 09:29:02 AM
Old 10-28-2002
Thanks for that excellent interpetation of what's going on. I will change the settings back in etc/system as orascle recommends. I believe that disk i/o is the problem right now. Another question to you is. Is there a way to tune a ufs file system?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle-performance tuning

Sorry, This is out of scope of this group.But I require the clarification pretty urgently. My Oracle database is parallely enabled. Still,in a particular table queries do not work "parallely" always. How is this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthri
9 Replies

2. AIX

Oracle performance optimum vs. SGA memory allocation

Dear all experts, I have a p750 Power 7 3.3GHz server with 4 processors and 48GB Memory. This is a DB server which is using Oracle 9i. I have been told that Oracle 9i can only allocate 10GB as SGA Max to get the oracle optimum performance. Anything more will result in overflow of memory and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)