Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A project I'd like to start
Top Forums Programming A project I'd like to start Post 30717 by La Temperanza on Friday 25th of October 2002 03:58:20 PM
Old 10-25-2002
*nods* It's a nice idea, but although I dabble in programming I don't know an API from a template, so I can't do much...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If this isn't newbie nothing is...how do I start GNOME?

First off, I know this isn't a LINUX board, but I figured it was close enough that no one would get upset. Anyway, I have Windows2000 and Linux running dual-boot. That works fine, but when I boot into Linux all I get is a command prompt. How do I start gnome or kde? I read the manual, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't know where to start

I have been in computers for 30 years and know everything about MS, but nothing about anything else. Been developping websites (inter alia) running on MS servers using ASP's and vbScripts which apparently does not work under Unix. My own website is being hosted on a Unix server and I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul@cascom
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Exec agent won't start... PLEASE HELP!

Backup Exec Agent won't start.... Question: Has anyone had any previous experience working with Backup exec for Unix? I'm running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 and Backup Exec agent Version 5.01 Revision 5.032 Basically, these are the commands I'm issueing and here is the output. # cd etc # cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PatMcCoy
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

the bind server can't start

I use the "rndc start" to start the bind server . but the server can't be started. it says "connection refused" I don't know what happened,and how to resolve it. Would somebody can help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnyifeng
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.0...I can't get SaX2 to start on Hercules 128 and YaST2 won't set up X either.

I'm trying to set up a school Linux computer and use Samba to link it to Windows NT. Pentium-133 Hercules 8 meg Stingray 128/3D I'm not too familiar with SuSE's config tools (more used to Mandrake) and so am having some trouble configuring X. SaX2 just won't start, even when I use "sax2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
NICE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   NICE(1)

NAME
nice -- execute a utility with an altered scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
nice [-n increment] utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
nice runs utility at an altered scheduling priority. If an increment is given, it is used; otherwise an increment of 10 is assumed. The super-user can run utilities with priorities higher than normal by using a negative increment. The priority can be adjusted over a range of -20 (the highest) to 20 (the lowest). Available options: -n increment A positive or negative decimal integer used to modify the system scheduling priority of utility. DIAGNOSTICS
The nice utility shall exit with one of the following values: 1-125 An error occurred in the nice utility. 126 The utility was found but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found. Otherwise, the exit status of nice shall be that of utility. COMPATIBILITY
The historic -increment option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
csh(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), renice(8) STANDARDS
The nice utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). HISTORY
A nice utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
nice is built into csh(1) with a slightly different syntax than described here. The form 'nice +10' nices to positive nice, and 'nice -10' can be used by the super-user to give a process more of the processor. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD