Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: burning Solaris 8 images
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers burning Solaris 8 images Post 3065 by jurrien on Tuesday 19th of June 2001 06:12:47 AM
Old 06-19-2001
solaris 8

i tried to burn does images with nero and nero didn't work with it :-(. no it is not mode 2 (less error protection then mode 1). i had to burn it with easy cd creator. no problems with it. maybey it works with a newer nero.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning

Hi, I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far. What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7? Thx in advanced. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create ghost images of a Solaris system?

Please excuse me if I asked some stupid questions. I know this has been asked and answered, but I didn't get the answer I need yet. How do I create a ghost image of a Solaris system? And if I can do so, how do I restore it? The purpose is (just like in Windows) to restore a clean system when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: correro
3 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 images

I need a set of CD's for solaris 8 , but for THE PC. if someone could direct where to either download them or share them with me, that would be great. I need to repair a system here for legacy purposes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 02/04 CD images

Hi all friends of the Forum, i want to ask you if someone would be so kind to provide me the links for Solaris 8 02/04 CD images.. (I can't find them in the Net, maybe my google-fu is weak) (Also i don't have an Oracle Solaris support contract so i can't download them from their site) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
NERO(1) 						   Alliance - nero User's Manual						   NERO(1)

NAME
nero - Negotiating Router SYNOPSIS
nero [ -h ] [ -v ] [ -V ] [ -c ] [ -2 ] [ -3 ] [ -4 ] [ -5 ] [ -6 ] [ -L ] [ -G ] [ --help ] [ --verbose ] [ --very-verbose ] [ --core-dump ] [ --local ] [ --global ] [ -p placement ] netlist layout DESCRIPTION
nero is a simple router suited for small academic designs. Currently it can process designs of size up to 4K gates. GLOBAL ROUTING A design is considered as big if it contains nets which half perimeter is greater than 800 lambdas. Global routing is used on big designs. In nero, "global routing" means that the longuests nets are completly routed in a first step with only routing layers numbers 3 & 4. Then the smaller nets are routed with all avalaibles layers. This implies that when global routing is used, the number of routing layers is forced to at least 4. In each step, the nets are routed from the shortest to the longuest with the same routing algorithm. INVOCATION
nero mandatory arguments : o netlist : the name of the design, whithout any extention. Please note that unless a -p placement option is given, the file holding the placement is expected to have the same name as the netlist file (short of the extention). o layout : the name of the resulting routed layout. Be careful of not giving the same name as the netlist, in this case the initial place- ment will be silently overwritten. nero optionnals arguments : o -h, --help : print help. o -v, --verbose : be verbose. o -V, --very-verbose : be unbearably verbose. o -c, --core-dump : do not prevent the generation of core dumps in case of a crash. Mostly used during the development stage. o -2, -3, -4, -5, -6 : set the numbers of layers used for routing. The default for small designs is 2 and 4 for big ones. When global rout- ing took place, the router will uses at least 4 routing layers. o -L, --local : turn off the global routing stage, whatever the size of the design. Be warned that this will enormously slow down the routing process. o -G, --global : turn on the global routing regardless of the size of the design. o -p placement, --place placement : specify a name for the placement file different from the netlist name. EXAMPLE
Route the netlist amd2901_core.vst, using the placement file amd2901_core_p.ap and store the result in amd2901_core_r. $ export MBK_IN_LO=vst $ export MBK_IN_PH=ap $ export MBK_OUT_PH=ap $ nero -V --place amd2901_core_p amd2901_core amd2901_core_r SEE ALSO
MBK_IN_LO(1), MBK_OUT_LO(1), MBK_IN_PH(1), MBK_OUT_PH(1), ocp(1), ocr(1), druc(1), cougar(1) ASIM
/LIP6 13 October 2002 NERO(1)