Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailing from unix -> exchange Post 30608 by RTM on Thursday 24th of October 2002 10:04:07 AM
Old 10-24-2002
Run the command /usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null and post the results. You can change your domain info to hide company info but keep it consistant.

Example:

output from command:
% /usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null
Version 8.11.6
Compiled with: MAP_REGEX LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND
NDBM NETINET NETUNIX NEWDB NIS NISPLUS QUEUE SCANF SMTP USERDB
XDEBUG

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
(short domain name) $w = who1
(canonical domain name) $j = who1.mydomain.com
(subdomain name) $m = mydomain.com
(node name) $k = who1
========================================================

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>

I changed what my true domain was to mydomain.com - if nothing shows up there - don't add anything to the post here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailing thru UNIX shell script

Hi, I need to send an email from an UNIX shell script along with an attachment. I am working on an HP-UX 11.00 system. The only mailing program which provides adding an attachment to a mail is "pine". However pine is not installed on my system and I cannot install it too due to the server being a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailing problem in unix

I have a mailing problem in UNIX.... MAILT="$1" MAILTO=`echo $MAILT | tr ';' ','` CONTENT="/var/www/html/notifier/mailnotify_ccdb.html" SUBJECT="$2" CC="man@abc.com" BCC="ant@abc.com" ( echo "To : ${MAILTO}" echo "Cc : ${CC}" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailing in unix

is there any option to mail the value from top command directly to the user.. i want the value of cpu usage from six different servers to be send in a single mail.. thanks, Arun Manas:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing Script

Hi, I am totally New to This Scripting Area.We have developed some reports in Bo and User need those reports to be sent through Unix Server (SFTP). Can any one provide me script for transfering File from one location to other with the requirement like if that file fails to reach destination... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sashanth_S
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding mailing of logs

Hi Folks, I have an application which logs get continuously refreshed and made after every 1 second , I want that those logs get mailed to me at my email id sara@somewhere.com The location is cd /var/log/abc/log Please advise the command so that I can mail abc.log at my mailid inbox... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exchange values in a table - exchange numbers

Hello all, This is a bit simple but I cannot do it! I have a big table of values between 0 and 1. some cells have NA instead of having any value. I want to exchange all values with "1" and write "0" for all "NA" . for changing "NA" to zero I used sed: sed -i 's/NA/0/g' input.txt But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailing file from UNIX/bash

I have a file that I want to mail out. However, I cannot get the date to print on it. I've tried the following: /usr/bin/mail -s "Lists on `date`" myname@company.com</tmp/list /usr/bin/mail -s "Lists on $(date)" myname@compancy.com</tmp/list $subj="Lists on $(date)" /usr/bin/mail -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need syntax for mailing in UNIX by using html file as body and along with attachment

Hi All, I need a syntax for mailing in unix by using html code file output as body and along with attachment (without using mutt command) HTML code file : html1.txt Attachment : attach1.txt I was using the below codes but they are not working. ( cat html1.txt ; uuencode attach1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
4 Replies
nissetup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      nissetup(1M)

NAME
nissetup - initialize a NIS+ domain SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nissetup [-Y] [domain] DESCRIPTION
nissetup is a shell script that sets up a NIS+ domain to service clients that wish to store system administration information in a domain named domain. This domain should already exist prior to executing this command. See nismkdir(1) and nisinit(1M). A NIS+ domain consists of a NIS+ directory and its subdirectories: org_dir and groups_dir. org_dir stores system administration information and groups_dir stores information for group access control. nissetup creates the subdirectories org_dir and groups_dir in domain. Both subdirectories will be replicated on the same servers as the parent domain. After the subdirectories are created, nissetup creates the default tables that NIS+ serves. These are auto_master, auto_home, bootparams, cred, ethers, group, hosts, mail_aliases, netmasks, networks, passwd, protocols, rpc, services, and timezone. The nissetup script uses the nistbladm(1) command to create these tables. The script can be easily customized to add site specific tables that are created at setup time. This command is normally executed just once per domain. While this command creates the default tables, it does not initialize them with data. This is accomplished with the nisaddent(1M) command. It is easier to use the nisserver(1M) script to create subdirectories and the default tables. OPTIONS
-Y Specify that the domain will be served as both a NIS+ domain as well as an NIS domain using the backward compatibility flag. This will set up the domain to be less secure by making all the system tables readable by unauthenticated clients as well. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
NIS+(1), nismkdir(1), nistbladm(1), nisaddent(1M), nisinit(1M) nisserver(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the Solaris Operating system. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the current Solaris release. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.11 13 Dec 2001 nissetup(1M)