Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers useradd script Post 30487 by macdonto on Tuesday 22nd of October 2002 09:18:42 PM
Old 10-22-2002
useradd script

I have a txt file with many users and I need to add them and create random passwords. Does any one have a script in pearl possible?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd -c in a script????

Here's my box info: ROOT@fcivra: uname -a SunOS fcivra 5.6 Generic_105181-26 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5 I am creating a script called adduser, that will incorporate the useradd command. Here is what it looks like: #!/bin/sh echo "Enter the person's VZID (lower case): \c" read VZID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with useradd script

Ok Im trying too make this shell script create users from my text file, I also want to type in a password for the new users. So thay can make a uniq one themself after first logon. #!/bin/sh # Sebastian schmidt clear echo "*************************************************************"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble making a useradd script

i'm new to scripting in unix and am trying to make a script to add a user and an encrypted password for them. this is what i have and it isn't giving me any errors, but when i try to login with the new user, the password doesn't work. i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patt4179
1 Replies

6. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script for smbldap-useradd/setquota/ldapadd

Hello guys, I am trying to add users to samba/ldap system, set their quota, set them a common password and add auto_home records for the new users User list file is in below format Firstname Lastname Username Command I run to add user is smbldap-useradd -a -m -N $Firstname -S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Useradd script

Trying to create a bash script that will read the /etc/passwd file for existing UID's before adding a new user and also does an incremental by allocating the next available UID.And also add the user to the correct group.Please help I am a newbie in scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tshepang
2 Replies
MAILER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 MAILER(8)

NAME
mailer - script to warn users about their weak passwords SYNOPSIS
mailer password-files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mailer command, which is part of the john package. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. john, better known as John the Ripper, is a tool to find weak passwords of users in a server. The mailer tool is useful to inform users which have been found to be using weak passwords by mail. You should edit the message mailer will send to the users, but remember to copy the script to a safe place before editing it, as it's gen- erally a bad idea to modify things living in /usr. SEE ALSO
john(8), unafs(8), unique(8), unshadow(8). The programs are documented fully by John's documentation, which should be available in /usr/share/doc/john or other location, depending on your system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). John the Ripper and mailer were written by Solar Designer <solar@openwall.com>. The complete list of contributors can be found in the CRED- ITS file in the documentation directory. john June 03, 2004 MAILER(8)