Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Retry Logic But In Cron
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Retry Logic But In Cron Post 303046127 by RudiC on Friday 24th of April 2020 05:33:59 PM
Old 04-24-2020
Not sure why you should need cron for your task, but this should run under it as well. Make sure it is run by bash! Replace your if construct with
Code:
if [ $(ls ${error_dir} | grep -c "\.err$") -eq 0 ]
  then  echo "No Error Files Found $dt" >>$log
  #           exit
  else  while   ((++CNT <= 5))
          do    echo "The below files have been resbumitted. " >> $log
                ls -ltr ${error_dir}*err >>$log
                /bin/java -cp "./TIPError.jar:./TIP31.jar:./TIP31msg_en_US.jar" ResubmitErrors -AuxprpawdRobin01 -P20904 >>$log
                [ $(ls ${error_dir} | grep -c "\.err$") -eq 0 ] && break
                sleep 5
          done
        if (( CNT == 5))
          then  mail "resumitted 5 times please notify vendor"
          else  echo "error corrected after $CNT retries"
        fi
        unset CNT
fi

Be aware that you need to check for the error files in every loop. Check the mail stuff and adapt to your system.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retry upon FTP failure

I am using the following code in a C Shell script to transfer files to a remote server: ftp -n logxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx.com <<DO_FTP1 quote user $user_name quote pass $password ascii put $js_file_name bin put $FinalZipFile quit DO_FTP1 This code works great except on those rare occasions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phudgens
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else - Retry operation

I need to read a file line by line, then depending on the contents of each line, type in a code that will get written to an array. The problem I have is when I ask the user to confirm the input code, if it is wrong, how do i Return to ask again? Any thing I try increments the file to the next... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies
jpackage-utils(7)						RPM Java packaging						 jpackage-utils(7)

NAME
jpackage-utils - Utilities, macros and other files for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
build-classpath build the Java classpath in a portable manner build-jar-repository build a jar repository in a portable manner rebuild-jar-repository rebuild a jar repository in a portable manner (after a jvm change...) build-classpath-directory build the Java classpath from a directory diff-jars show jar content differences jvmjar install jvm extensions create-jar-links create custom jar links clean-binary-files remove binary files from sources check-binary-files check for presence of unexpected binary files DESCRIPTION
The JPackage Project has two primary goals: - To provide a coherent set of Java software packages for Linux, satisfying all quality requirements of other applications. - To establish an efficient and robust policy for Java software packaging and installation. We focus on free and open source software whenever possible. For convenience, we also provide non-free packages without the restricted source code. Our RPMs are generic in that they should work on any RPM based Linux distribution (Mandriva, Red Hat, SuSE, others). Other packaging format suggestions are welcome too. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/jpackage-release string identifying the currently installed JPackage release /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration /etc/rpm/macros.jpackage RPM macros for Java packagers and developers SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-classpath(1) build-classpath-directory(1) build-jar-repository(1) check-binary-files(1) clean-binary-files(1) create-jar-links(1) diff-jars(1) find-jar(1) jvmjar(1) rebuild-jar-repository(1) rebuild-security-providers(1) java.conf(5) Documentation Following files are located in your standard documentation directory HEADER.JPP A standard header with license for spec files of JPackage Project clean-binary-files.txt A further documentation for check-binary-files(1), clean-binary-files(1) and create-jar-links(1) commands httpd-javadoc.conf Example JPackage javadoc configuration snippet for Apache jpackage-1.5-policy.xhtml JPackage Java infrastructure design and packaging policy jpackage-utils-policy JPackage packaging (naming) policy AUTHOR
Written by the JPackage Project REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 jpackage-utils(7)