Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help needed to modify search functionality Post 303045569 by SIMMS7400 on Wednesday 1st of April 2020 08:11:48 PM
Old 04-01-2020
Help needed to modify search functionality

Hi Folks -

I have the following file:
Quote:
outbox/FINPLAN - Entity_692.dat
outbox/FINPLAN - Entity_694.dat
outbox/FINPLAN - Entity_695.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1084.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1126.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1130.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1142.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1185.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1201.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1221.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1245.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1247.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1301.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1303.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1443.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1503.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1562.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1661.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1662.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1701.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1741.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1781.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1822.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1864.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1881.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_1944.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_FILE_1101.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_FILE_1128.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_FILE_1131.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_FILE_1132.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_FILE_1144.dat
outbox/FINPLAN_FILE_531.dat
outbox/logs/FINPLAN_2141.log
outbox/logs/FINPLAN_2161.log
outbox/logs/FINPLAN_2181.log
outbox/logs/FINPLAN_2201.log
This file is exported after various steps of my data integration routine. I need to be able to dynamically download the latest logfile from this list that starts with a path of " outbox/logs/", all other entries can be ignored.

I have the following code which works if I know the name of the log:
Code:
_FDMEE_LOG="$(sort -r temp.txt | sed -n "\#${_OUTBOX_BIN}FINPLAN_# {s#.*/##; p; q}")"

I need to be able to find the latest file, regardless of the name as long as it starts with " outbox/logs/". I tried to add a wildcard to the above logic but it doesn't work. Can someone help me editing my syntax?

THe result should be : outbox/logs/FINPLAN_2201.log based on my sample data.

Thank you!

Last edited by SIMMS7400; 04-01-2020 at 09:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in search string

Hi , I learning shell scripting.. I need to do the following in my shell script. Search a given logfile for two\more strings. If the the two strings are found. write it to a outputfile if only one of the string is found, write the found string in one output file and other in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search a replace each line- help needed ASAP

can someone help me with the find and replace command. I have a input file which is in the below format: 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000008EGYPT 000000000000199800000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I am new to this forum and i would like to get help in this issue. I have a file 1.txt as shown: apple banana orange apple grapes banana orange grapes orange .... Now i would like to search for pattern say apple or orange and then put a # at the beginning of the pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I think you ppl did not get my question correctly, let me explain I have 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with search and delete/add/modify script

Gurus, I need to run a script on multiple XML files in different directories and do the following (the output can be redirected to create a new file) 1. Search a pattern like "abc.mno.xyz" in an XML file, once detected, the script should delete one line above and 3 lines below (including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing 10 lines above and below the search string: help needed

Hi, The below code will search a particular string(say false in this case) and return me 10 lines above and below the search string in a file. " awk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print("***********************************");print;c=a;}b{r=$ 0}' b=10 a=10 s="false" " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalm22
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with basic search

hi, im trying to find the longest word in /usr/share/dict/words that does not contain the letter i. i've tried using the wc -L command like so: $ wc -L /usr/share/dict/words which basically tells me the longest word which is good but how do i get the longest word which Does not contain the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryintolearn
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern and replace. Help needed

I have three variables $a, $b and $c $a = file_abc_123.txt $b = 123 $c = 100 I want to search if $b is present in $a. If it is present, then i want to replace that portion by $c. Here $b = 123 is present in "file_abc_123.txt", so i need the output as "file_abc_100.txt' How can this be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Faster search needed

Hope you guys out there can help. I have 2 files as below: file 1: 111,222,333,444,555,666 777,888,999,000,111,222 111,222,333,444,555,888 file 2: 666,AAA 222,BBB 888,CCC I want to get the 6th column from file 1 (example, 666) and check in file 2 for the value in the 2nd column... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search and modify the values

I have one file and the file may contain 500 to 15,000 records. I need to search pattern ^F509= and then increment the corresponding value by one and print the entire line. Please note that Its not a fixed length file. Can anyone please help? ex: ^F509=204656 ^F509=204656 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies
TRACE-CMD-RESTORE(1)													      TRACE-CMD-RESTORE(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-restore - restore a failed trace record SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd restore [OPTIONS] [command] cpu-file [cpu-file ...] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) restore command will restore a crashed trace-cmd-record(1) file. If for some reason a trace-cmd record fails, it will leave a the per-cpu data files and not create the final trace.dat file. The trace-cmd restore will append the files to create a working trace.dat file that can be read with trace-cmd-report(1). When trace-cmd record runs, it spawns off a process per CPU and writes to a per cpu file usually called trace.dat.cpuX, where X represents the CPU number that it is tracing. If the -o option was used in the trace-cmd record, then the CPU data files will have that name instead of the trace.dat name. If a unexpected crash occurs before the tracing is finished, then the per CPU files will still exist but there will not be any trace.dat file to read from. trace-cmd restore will allow you to create a trace.dat file with the existing data files. OPTIONS
-c Create a partial trace.dat file from the machine, to be used with a full trace-cmd restore at another time. This option is useful for embedded devices. If a server contains the cpu files of a crashed trace-cmd record (or trace-cmd listen), trace-cmd restore can be executed on the embedded device with the -c option to get all the stored information of that embedded device. Then the file created could be copied to the server to run the trace-cmd restore there with the cpu files. If *-o* is not specified, then the file created will be called 'trace-partial.dat'. This is because the file is not a full version of something that trace-cmd-report(1) could use. -t tracing_dir Used with -c, it overrides the location to read the events from. By default, tracing information is read from the debugfs/tracing directory. -t will use that location instead. This can be useful if the trace.dat file to create is from another machine. Just tar -cvf events.tar debugfs/tracing and copy and untar that file locally, and use that directory instead. -k kallsyms Used with -c, it overrides where to read the kallsyms file from. By default, /proc/kallsyms is used. -k will override the file to read the kallsyms from. This can be useful if the trace.dat file to create is from another machine. Just copy the /proc/kallsyms file locally, and use -k to point to that file. -o output' By default, trace-cmd restore will create a trace.dat file (or trace-partial.dat if -c is specified). You can specify a different file to write to with the -o option. -i input By default, trace-cmd restore will read the information of the current system to create the initial data stored in the trace.dat file. If the crash was on another machine, then that machine should have the trace-cmd restore run with the -c option to create the trace.dat partial file. Then that file can be copied to the current machine where trace-cmd restore will use -i to load that file instead of reading from the current system. EXAMPLES
If a crash happened on another box, you could run: $ trace-cmd restore -c -o box-partial.dat Then on the server that has the cpu files: $ trace-cmd restore -i box-partial.dat trace.dat.cpu0 trace.dat.cpu1 This would create a trace.dat file for the embedded box. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-RESTORE(1)