Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script should keep running only at specific time Post 303045243 by Syedsabeel on Saturday 14th of March 2020 08:48:40 AM
Old 03-14-2020
It will pick some data from database and update it. When it stops it will stop updating the database and when it runs again it should continue from the same.
Can you please help me by writing script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending script at specific time.

Hello Everybody.. I've written the script that kick off through CRON job and kill itself by specific time. I've start time and end time specify in env file. i.e START_TIME=1500 (03:00 PM) END_TIME=0600 (06:00 AM) It always works good if my START_TIME is before midnight and my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirav_soni
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running batches of files at a time from a script

Hi I have a script that performs a process on a file. I want to know how to include a function to run a batch of files? Here is my script #!/bin/bash #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help to optimize script running time

Dear Forum experts I have the below script which I made to run under bash shell, it runs perfectly for low records number, let us say like 100000. when I put all records (3,000,000), it's takes hours can you please suggest anything to optimize or to run in different way :-| {OFS="|";... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in running a script after a particular time

Unix Gurus, I have a requirement where the shell script needs to do specific tasks after certain period of time. Daily we receive few files in a particular folder. The script does the file renaming, pass parameters to run some web services and pushes to remote FTP location. But my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know the exact running time of script!

Hi All, newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i know the exact running time of my script? Please advise, THanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for get lines with specific time.

i want to make a script for grep any lines with key word and every time (5 min) Ex. Log in Server. . . . 03-01-2012 03:07:54,924 - INFO MessageUtil - Return | Status=0 | TxID=12010300000548755292 | Message=Success 03-01-2012 03:09:13,789 - INFO MessageUtil - Return | Status=0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with kill a specific process after certain running time

Hi, Do anybody experience to write a bash script in order to kill a specific process (java) after certain time of running? eg. java java.jar task_run.txt I will run a java program (java.jar) which will run a long list of process (task_run.txt) one by one. I plan to terminate the java... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting time for running of the script

Dear all, I wonder if it is possible that we can run the script from time to time..I meant, it should repeat the sourcing of the script by itself? In my case, I need to source this script manually from time to time, like once in every 10 minutes. emily, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Example of running script with time limits?

Hi, I want to write a script that does some sort of health check on the database. It will query the database for information, some query takes long and some are quick. For example, inside the script I will do something as below: #!/bin/ksh run_query_01 & run_query_02 &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in crontab in a specific directory

I am trying to run a script from crontab but the entire script (which is 70+ lines) is written in bash and I need it to run from a certain directory. So when I run it manually I cd to /local/mnt/scr and then type ./reordersc and it works fine. However, I want it to run from the crontab and I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
20 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)