Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query an admin
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Query an admin Post 303044904 by 69Rixter on Sunday 8th of March 2020 03:07:13 PM
Old 03-08-2020
Query an admin

Would like to contact a moderator/admin. How do I achieve this?

TY

Rick

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Admin over the web

Can some one axplain how I can administer my sco bix over the web. It is connected to a wan and the internet acces is at another location and we do have a harware software firewall. F,Ruiz. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruizf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. Solaris

UID Admin

Hi All, I have to give permission to one of the groups called as "ABC" as like the permissions of the group "UNIXADM". Could you please some one help on this issue ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
users-admin(1)							   User Commands						    users-admin(1)

NAME
users-admin - Configure local users and groups on the system. SYNOPSIS
users-admin [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
users-admin enables the user to configure the local users and groups on the system. I also provides the ability to assign RBAC profiles to a user. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% users-admin EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/users-admin Executable for users and groups configuration. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/data/users Where user template configurations are stored. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/users Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/users Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. time-admin(1), shares-admin(1), services-admin(1), network-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), useradd(1M), usermod(1M), groupadd(1M), group- mod(1M), passwd(4), shadow(4), group(4), attributes(5) NOTES
YP/NIS, NIS+ and LDAP users should be aware that it's possible to have conflict with users configured in here with the result that an error will occur. You should ensure that local user's home accounts are located on local filesystems - e.g. creating a new entry in /home when it's mounted with automount will not work and as such the user may not be created. Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 users-admin(1)