Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query an admin
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Query an admin Post 303044904 by 69Rixter on Sunday 8th of March 2020 03:07:13 PM
Old 03-08-2020
Query an admin

Would like to contact a moderator/admin. How do I achieve this?

TY

Rick

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Admin over the web

Can some one axplain how I can administer my sco bix over the web. It is connected to a wan and the internet acces is at another location and we do have a harware software firewall. F,Ruiz. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruizf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. Solaris

UID Admin

Hi All, I have to give permission to one of the groups called as "ABC" as like the permissions of the group "UNIXADM". Could you please some one help on this issue ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
network-admin(1)						   User Commands						  network-admin(1)

NAME
network-admin - Basic administration of network interfaces. SYNOPSIS
network-admin [--configure=INTERFACE] [--configure-type=TYPE] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
network-admin enumerates the interfaces available to the user and provides a mechanism for configuring these interfaces as static-IP or DHCP. It's also possible to select which interfaces should be enabled on boot. network-admin also allows you configure the systems hostname, DNS options and hosts using the user interface. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c, --configure=INTERFACE Configure a specific network interface (e.g. ath0 or bge0). -t, --configure-type=TYPE Configure the first network interface of a specific type (e.g. ethernet or wireless). gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% network-admin Example 2: Configuring the ath0 network interface. example% network-admin --configure=ath0 Example 3: Configuring the first ethernet interface. example% network-admin --configure-type=ethernet EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/network-admin Executable for network interface configuration. /etc/inet/gnome-system-tools Storage location for network configuration files when not active on boot. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/network Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/data/network Where "Location" profiles are stored. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/network Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), shares-admin(1), services-admin(1), time-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), ifconfig(1M), hosts(4), nsswitch.conf(4), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
This tool can only be used to manage physical network devices as returned by the "dladm show-dev" command, it does not support configura- tion of more complex configurations. There is currently no support for enterprise name services such as YP/NIS, NIS+ or LDAP. There is also no support for anything but the global zone. Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 network-admin(1)