Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell command to print full path to current home directory Post 303044746 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 3rd of March 2020 03:17:00 AM
Old 03-03-2020
It does not make sense to me.
The purpose of the bind mount is to let it appear under /home/ - why do you want to break it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory in search path

Is it unsafe to put your own home directory (a regular user) in your search path? I am writing useful shell scripts, but don't have the permissions to put them in /usr/bin. (Korn shell) thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want the current directory without the absolute path

Hi guys I'm trying to move an empty directory to the $TRASH directory. Say the directory i have is ./hello/hello1/hello2 and i'm in hello2, and i want hello2 moved. this code: TRASH=$home/deleted find "$TRASH/$1" -type d -exec rmdir { } \; 2>/dev/null mv -f $1 $TRASH 2>/dev/null works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olimiles
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting by Full directory path

I have a text file with full list of files with their full path. I wanted to sort it by directory then files then subdirectory by alphabetically. When I used the sort command it doesn't give like what I want. Could somebody help me on this. Here is the ex: This is what I'm getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javidraaj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Present Working Directory (not the full path)

Hi, Is there a command that tells you right away the current working directory? I know the command "pwd", but that one gives the full path. if pwd gives me: /a/b/c/d/ggg/HERE I want something that will give me: HERE Thanks, Gaurab (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurab
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get an ls -l to not show the full directory path?

Hey I'm new to the forums here, and I'm seeking help for this script that I'm writing. When I do ls -l of a directory it shows the full pathname for files in it. For example, if the directory is /internet/post/forum/ and the file is topic, it currently shows internet/post/forum/topic. What's the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unity04
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

$0 doesn't have full directory path

I'm running AIX unix korn shell. If I echo $0, I only get the filename, it does not have the directory name also. So when I do: `dirname $0` it returns a . (meaning current directory). How get $0 to return the full path/filename? Do I need something in my .profile? Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the current directory Path?

How to get the current directory Path in your prompt? i am getting a $ mark only in my prompt? Please help me with this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek0683
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

10. Linux

How to print full path name along with file extension?

Hi I have a requirement like this: /abc/a/x.txt /abc/a/y.txt /abc/b/x.gz /abc/b/y.txt I need output like this: /abc/a:*.txt /abc/b:*.txt /abc/b:*.gz I have tried find /abc -type f -name "*.*" ||awk -F . '{print $NF}' it is print only extensions without path name. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
5 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)