Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX subsystem stops partially Post 303044605 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 27th of February 2020 03:11:23 PM
Old 02-27-2020
In addition, ensure that kill is only run with arguments.
Code:
[ -z "$PID" ] || kill -9 $PID

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subsystem failure

aix 4.3 I get the following error from the errpt log BD797922 0306170008 P H enclosure0 SUBSYSTEM FAILURE I'm not clear on this kind of error. It never happened to me. What do this errors mean, and how do I clear or solve them? Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andwhat
2 Replies

3. AIX

Subsystem Component Failure

Hello All, Does some one have any idea about the subsystem component failure. Errpt command throws below errors for my server :- # errpt IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION B9735AF4 0304222408 P H hdisk5 SUBSYSTEM COMPONENT FAILURE B9735AF4 0304222408 P H... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shrek
1 Replies

4. AIX

Generating a Subsystem

Hello, I'm trying to generate a subsystem which supports startsrc, stopsrc and refresh I want to specify special arguments in case of stopsrc and refresh for example: startsrc: /bin/testscript start stopsrc: /bin/testscript stop refresh: /bin/testscript restart which should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 ML10 new install, rsh only partially working

Two boxes we just reloaded to use as a two node HACMP cluster to insure our software is compatible. Install disks we received at our library on 5/2009 AIX 5.3-ML10 For sake of argument names ibmaix1 and ibmaix2 On both: ibmaix1# oslevel -r 5300-10 .rhosts files with 600 permissions... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrKillPatient
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Getting Subsystem ID/Vendor

Hey Guys ... How I can look up Subsystem ID of the WIFI card under Ubuntu... I did try lspci but its outputting only Vendor and Dev no subsys ... I need same data as below ( Windows ) PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_04281468&REV_01\4&1BF192B7&0&0020 thank you happy new year ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP subsystem requests

Hi there, what is the meaning of this line: SFTP subsystem requests: 5 Time(s) in: /var/mail/root??? Tks in advance, GB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
0 Replies

8. AIX

sftp : have to specify subsystem from client side

I have several ssh servers *running aix 5.3 and they respond to sftp requests just fine, but I have one that requires clients to specify the path to the sftp server using the -s flag which is*/usr/sbin/sftp-server I check the sshd_config across all servers and they are the same. *The other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: massdesign
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

[HP UNIX B.10.20] NFS Client SubSystem fail

Recently moved a HP Unix B.10.20 system from US to Thailand, and everything is work well in US but after we changed: 1. set_parms ip_address (change the IP to TH range) 2. set_parms addl_netwrk (change the Subnet, Gateway, Domain name, DNS Svr Name, and DNS IP) 3. vi /etc/hosts (to commented... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta911
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 7.1 booting stops at C1922000 C19220FF

Hi, we have the p6 server running AIX 7.1 it suddenly stops working. I tried to re-cycle power but it keeps stopping at C19220FF. Activate the service processor pinhole reset switch but still stops at the same code. Error logs: 1. 501A1181 2016-06-08 22:06:20 'Service Process'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilyn
1 Replies
KILL(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   KILL(1)

NAME
kill -- terminate or signal a process SYNOPSIS
kill [-s signal_name] pid ... kill -l [exit_status] kill -signal_name pid ... kill -signal_number pid ... DESCRIPTION
The kill utility sends a signal to the processes specified by the pid operands. Only the super-user may send signals to other users' processes. The options are as follows: -s signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -l [exit_status] If no operand is given, list the signal names; otherwise, write the signal name corresponding to exit_status. -signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -signal_number A non-negative decimal integer, specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. The following PIDs have special meanings: -1 If superuser, broadcast the signal to all processes; otherwise broadcast to all processes belonging to the user. Some of the more commonly used signals: 1 HUP (hang up) 2 INT (interrupt) 3 QUIT (quit) 6 ABRT (abort) 9 KILL (non-catchable, non-ignorable kill) 14 ALRM (alarm clock) 15 TERM (software termination signal) Some shells may provide a builtin kill command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. EXIT STATUS
The kill utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Terminate the processes with PIDs 142 and 157: kill 142 157 Send the hangup signal (SIGHUP) to the process with PID 507: kill -s HUP 507 SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), killall(1), ps(1), sh(1), kill(2), sigaction(2) STANDARDS
The kill utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A kill command appeared in Version 3 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
A replacement for the command ``kill 0'' for csh(1) users should be provided. BSD
April 28, 1995 BSD