Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC disk and ioinfo
Operating Systems AIX FC disk and ioinfo Post 303044310 by RecoveryOne on Tuesday 18th of February 2020 07:23:52 PM
Old 02-18-2020
Taking a massive stab in the dark, but looks like if you removed the physical hba assigned to the lpar from the lpar and then your path for hdisk0 went missing: Your disks are not coming from the VIO. Without going into an in depth look at your system, are you sure you are presenting disks up from the VIO? Are you sure your lpar has virtual adapters presented up from the VIO? I mean, the whole point of running a VIO is so that takes all (or most) of your adapters so you can present them to the lpars as part of the virtualization layer. There should be very few instances where you need physical adapters assigned the a lpar running under a VIO.

Also from ioinfo from the openfirmware, its common to see that message. openfirmware is not aware so to speak to anything not apart of the system.

IF I manage to find time, I will show you how one of my environments are setup. Currently a lot of cruft on my plate that I must address first. Also, you should note that I'm not using NPIV, and my setup may not be the 'IBM recommended' way.
In the meantime, here's some handy links:
Access Denied
And since you are using npiv:
AIX for System Administrators
This User Gave Thanks to RecoveryOne For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

4. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
atmsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       atmsetup(8)

NAME
atmsetup - Configures Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) adapters and services SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/atmsetup [-old] OPTIONS
Invokes the atmsetup script. This option is for backward compatibility, and will be removed in a future release. DESCRIPTION
The atmsetup command by default invokes the SysMan ATM Configuration application. This application enables you to configure and run ATM on your system. Specifically, you can configure network adapters and logical interfaces on the adapters for the following environments: Clas- sical IP, LAN Emulation, and IP Switching. Compaq recommends you use the SysMan application. Note Support for IP Switching will be retired in a future release. Do not use it to develop new applications. During the adapter configuration, you specify the adapter name, the Endpoint System Identifiers (ESIs), pacing options, the type of network physical layer, and whether to enable flow control, Integrated Local Management Interface (ILMI), signaling, and virtual circuit (VC) accounting. In addition, you specify the User-Network Interface (UNI) version. During logical interface configuration, you specify information related to each ATM environment. For Classical IP, you choose whether the system is an ATMARP client or server and whether to configure permanent virtual circuits (PVCs). For LAN Emulation, you choose which emu- lated LAN to join and how to join the emulated LAN. For IP Switching, you specify the Subnetwork Attachment Point (SNAP) VCI number and VCI limits. In all three cases, you change only those default values that your configuration requires. See Asynchronous Transfer Mode for information on configuring ATM and the ATM configuration application online help for more information. Before invoking the atmsetup command, make sure that your system is connected to a switch, the network software is configured and running, ATM is configured into the kernel, and the ATM subsets are installed. After running atmsetup, you must configure the ATM interfaces with the correct IP address and netmask. Select Configure Interfaces from the SysMan menu. See sysman(8) for more information. atmsetup Script If you specify the -old option, the atmsetup script is invoked. This script prompts you for all information that you need to enter in order to configure ATM. The script creates and maintains a directory hierarchy /etc/atm, which contains all the ATM configuration information. The atmsetup script configures the driver and signaling on an ATM end system. In addition, you can configure your system to operate in a Classical IP or Local Area Network (LAN) emulation environment. See Asynchronous Transfer Mode for additional information on configuring ATM on your system. RESTRICTIONS
You must be superuser to use this command. The atmsetup script (-old option) has the following restrictions: You can configure only lis interfaces to support SVCs and elan inter- faces. It supports boot-time configuration only. FILES
Specifies the command pathname The path name containing ATM commands to execute when the system is booted The path name containing ATM com- mands to execute when the system is shut down ATM Configuration Help Volume (SysMan) SEE ALSO
Commands: atmarp(8), atmconfig(8), atmelan(8), atmsig(8), sysman(8), sysman_station(8) Network Administration Asynchronous Transfer Mode atmsetup(8)