Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Identify tables from Oracle sql scripts Post 303044154 by Neo on Saturday 15th of February 2020 09:58:51 PM
Old 02-15-2020
Thanks for your question, but to be honest, it is not clear to us what you are asking, exactly, because we do not have the same level of familiarity with the task at hand, as you do.

Please provide more of a high level overview of what you are trying to accomplish. A diagram could be helpful as well.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding out tables not used in scripts.

Hi all, Please see my requirement and post me asap. Spool all the tables names into a file . Take each table name and check if it is present in any of the scripts in a directory using grep -il command. The script has to loop through the tables list and take each table and find it's presence... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vasundhara
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

use shell scripts to update tables from databases

Hi I need to write a shell script that will access tables available on webpages and update a table on my webpage on a periodic basis. It will access, say for example a website that periodically update a table with certain quantities and update my table accordingly.it should have the flexibility... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannabegeek
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tables in scripts

Hi , I have two tables with same length t1 and t2, I want to cretae a new third table where i put the difference between the elements of t2 and t1, t3= t1 - t2 t3= t1 - t2 I am new to scripts, any help please? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celine19
7 Replies

5. Programming

SQL Add to Multiple Tables

I'm pretty new to the database world and I've run into a mental block of sorts. I've been unable to find the answer anywhere. Here's my problem: I have several tables and everything is as normalized as possible (as I've been lead to understand normalization.) Normalization has lead to some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flakblas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

8. Programming

Query to join two tables in SQL

Hi, I have 2 tables. Table1 name map_code data_code id aaa 2732C 3333B 10 bbb 1223F 2545v 11 ccc 12 Table2 name map_code data_code id text_description aaa 2732C 3333B 10 description 1 bbb 1223F 2545v 11 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for exporting backup from selected tables of Oracle DB

dear all please help me ! i need a script for exporting the selected tables of oracle database installed on CentOs. i waiting your response. thanks and regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirzargaran
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-sql - SQL interface to MDB Tools SYNOPSIS
mdb-sql [-HFp] [-d delimiter] [-i file] [-o file] [database] DESCRIPTION
mdb-sql is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. mdb-sql allows querying of an MDB database using a limited SQL subset language. OPTIONS
-H Supress header row. -F Supress footer row. -p Turn off pretty printing. By default results are printed in an ascii table format which looks nice but is not conducive to manipu- lating the output with unix tools. This option prints output plainly in a tab separated format. -d Specify an alternative column delimiter. If no delimiter is specified, columns will be delimited by a tab character if pretty print- ing (-p) is turned off. If pretty printing is enabled this option is meaningless. -i Specify an input file. This option allows an input file containing the SQL to be passed to mdb-sql. See Notes. -o Specify an output file. This option allows the name of an output file to be used instead of stdout. COMMANDS
mdb-sql in interactive mode takes some special commands. connect to <database> If no database was specified on the command line this command is necessary before any querys are issued. It also allows the switch- ing of databases once in the tool. disconnect Will disconnect from the current database. go Each batch is sent to the parser using the 'go' command. reset A batch can be cleared using the 'reset' command. list tables The list tables command will display a list of available tables in this database, similar to the mdb-tables utility on the command line. describe table <table> Will display the column information for the specified table. quit Will exit the tool. SQL LANGUAGE
The currently implemented SQL subset is quite small, supporting only single table queries, no aggregates, and limited support for WHERE clauses. Here is a brief synopsis of the supported language. select: SELECT [* | <column list>] FROM <table> WHERE <where clause> column list: <column> [, <column list>] where clause: <column> <operator> <literal> [AND <where clause>] operator: =, =>, =<, <>, like, <, > literal: integers, floating point numbers, or string literal in single quotes NOTES
When passing a file (-i) or piping output to mdb-sql the final 'go' is optional. This allow constructs like echo "Select * from Table1" | mdb-sql mydb.mdb to work correctly. The -i command can be passed the string 'stdin' to test entering text as if using a pipe. ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options HISTORY
mdb-sql first appeared in MDB Tools 0.3. SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-schema(1) mdb-tables(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-sql utility was written by Brian Bruns. BUGS
The supported SQL syntax is a very limited subset and deficient in several ways. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)