Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Create bins with totals and percentage Post 303044096 by jiam912 on Thursday 13th of February 2020 04:16:12 PM
Old 02-13-2020
Dear vgersh99 , the percentage is calculated based in the total sum .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating totals in AWK

Hello, With the following small script I list the size of documents belonging to a certain user by each time selecting the bytes-field of that file ($7). Now it fills the array with every file it finds so in the end the output of some users contains up to 200.000 numbers. So how can I calculate... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hille
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

summarising totals in awk

awk ' FILENAME == "all" { balance += substr($0,17,13) dt = substr($0,6,8) } END { for ( name in balance ) printf("%013s %3s of %8s\n", balance/100,name,dt) | "sort " } ' all > summation using this code i wanted to take summary totals of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paresh n doshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report Totals

Hello, I have written a script in a previous server and its being migrated to a new server. I'm trying to debug my script since i've had to make minor changes to it to get it to work. I'm having a hard time getting my totals to populate here is the syntax DUMP_COUNT=`sqlplus -S... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Totals in a file - incorrectly displaying

Afternoon, I have a script which creates/modifies data into a formatted csv. The trailer record should display 2 columns, the first is a static entry of "T" to identify it as a trailer record. The 2nd is a total of amounts in a column throughout the entire file. My total isn't displaying... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating frequency of values within bins

Hi, I am working with files containing 2 columns in which i need to come up with the frequency/count of values in col. 2 falling within specifics binned values of col. 1. the contents of a sample file is shown below: 15 12.5 15 11.2 16 0.2 16 1.4 17 1.6 18 4.5 17 5.6 12 8.6 11 7.2 9 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
13 Replies

6. Solaris

Redirecting print to optional output bins

Guys We have a HP P4015 laserjet printer with a 5 bin mailbox attached & configured. We can print to the specific output bins from Oracle e-Business suite, however our print output format is incompatible so it prints out random characters instead of the letter content. I have looked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1977
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk solution for taking bins

Hi all, I'm looking for an awk solution for taking bins of data set. For example, if I have two columns of data that I wish to use for a scatter plot, and it contains 5 million lines, how can I take averages of every 100 points, 1000, 10000 etc... The idea is to take bins of the 5,000,000 points... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grand totals in awk

I have a one-liner script like this that gives a total of everything in various directories: for i in *; do (cd $i && cd statelist && echo $i && ls -la |awk 'NR>3 {SUM += $5}\ END { print "Total number of elements " SUM }');done It works just great but at the end I want to print a grand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select 2D data bins

I wish to use AWK to do something akin: Select all 2D data with 1<$1<2 and -7.5<$2<-6.5 But it's not working awk 'END {print ($1<=2&&$1>=1&&$2<=-6.5&&$2>=-7.5)}' bla Data: -1.06897 -8.04482 -61.469 -1.13613 -8.04482 -61.2271 -1.00182 -8.04482 -61.2081 -1.06897 -8.13518 -60.8544... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
2 Replies
SA(1M)																	    SA(1M)

NAME
sa, accton - system accounting SYNOPSIS
sa [ -abcjlnrstuv ] [ file ] /etc/accton [ file ] DESCRIPTION
With an argument naming an existing file, accton causes system accounting information for every process executed to be placed at the end of the file. If no arguemnt is given, accounting is turned off. Sa reports on, cleans up, and generally maintains accounting files. Sa is able to condense the information in /usr/adm/acct into a summary file /usr/adm/savacct which contains a count of the number of times each command was called and the time resources consumed. This condensation is desirable because on a large system acct can grow by 100 blocks per day. The summary file is read before the accounting file, so the reports include all available information. If a file name is given as the last argument, that file will be treated as the accounting file; sha is the default. There are zillions of options: a Place all command names containing unprintable characters and those used only once under the name `***other.' b Sort output by sum of user and system time divided by number of calls. Default sort is by sum of user and system times. c Besides total user, system, and real time for each command print percentage of total time over all commands. j Instead of total minutes time for each category, give seconds per call. l Separate system and user time; normally they are combined. m Print number of processes and number of CPU minutes for each user. n Sort by number of calls. r Reverse order of sort. s Merge accounting file into summary file /usr/adm/savacct when done. t For each command report ratio of real time to the sum of user and system times. u Superseding all other flags, print for each command in the accounting file the user ID and command name. v If the next character is a digit n, then type the name of each command used n times or fewer. Await a reply from the typewriter; if it begins with `y', add the command to the category `**junk**.' This is used to strip out garbage. FILES
/usr/adm/acct raw accounting /usr/adm/savacct summary /usr/adm/usracct per-user summary SEE ALSO
ac(1), acct(2) SA(1M)