Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Makefile instructions to create directories (CentOS7 , GNU Make 3.82) Post 303043481 by LMHmedchem on Wednesday 29th of January 2020 12:37:43 PM
Old 01-29-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by disedorgue
Another error that maybe explain why not work when to declare archdir before TESTDIR :
Code:
TESTDIR := ./test/$(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)_$(CNAME)_$(FNAME)_$(ver)

So I wasn't expanding the components variables of TESTDIR correctly? I guess I should have at least noticed the TESTDIR was not being assigned using the same operator as BDIR.

I have tried now to use a similar method to copy files into the newly created directories and am having more issues. It seems to me as if the following code,
Code:
# create name for test directory
TESTDIR = ./test/$(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)_$(CNAME)_$(FNAME)_$(ver)
# mkdir if the directory does not exist
${TESTDIR}:
    @mkdir -p ${TESTDIR}

overwrites the original value of TESTDIR which is,

./test/$(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)_$(CNAME)_$(FNAME)_$(ver)

with the mkdir instruction such that if you printed ${TESTDIR} after the
second assignment, it would print,

mkdir -p ./test/$(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)_$(CNAME)_$(FNAME)_$(ver)

with the variables such as $(OS) expanded. This would mean that you could no longer use $(TESTDIR) to refer to the location that was originally assigned.

Is this true or am I not understanding how this is working?

LMHmedchem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about create Makefile

hello! i want to create a Makefile on the freebsd 4.5,so i vi the hello.c #include int main(int argc, char** argv) { printf(''Hello, GNU!\n''); return 0; } #autoscan #cp configure.scan configure.in #vi configure.in modify:AC_OUTPUT AC_OUTPUT(Makefile) #aclocal #autoconf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzp
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and clean in a single rule in the makefile.

Hi, This stems from the following thread https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18299 I have a makefile which makes either executables or a shared library. i.e. make -f unix.mak will create the executables and make -f unix.mak libolsv will create the shared library. Since these have to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

4. Programming

A question about Makefile run by GNU make

Hello everybody, Currently I'm learning how to build projects (C programming) with GNU make. I have a problem with one Makefile and I would appreciate if you could kindly give me a hand. Here is the environment: OS: Redhat linux 5 compiler: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake does not create Makefile.in

hi all, I have written a simple C program hello.c and a Makefile.ac but when i try to run automake it does not create Makefile.in hence I am not able to run ./configure command in my directory. Following are the containts of my prog. hello.c -------- Code: #include<stdio.h> main() {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a script to make makefile

How do we create a shell script that creates a makefile? what if we want to use the #include header files too? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sslokhan
2 Replies

7. Programming

Makefile No rule to make target

I am trying to create a makefile to build a program and am getting the following error: make -f tsimplex.mk make: *** No rule to make target `/main/tsimplex_main.cpp', needed by `tsimplex_main.o'. Stop. OPSYS = $(shell uname -s ) TARGET = tsimplex ROOTDIR = ../../.. GTSDIR =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script from makefile - it is called each time i call make

I've created a tag in the makefile: mytag: $(shell ${PWD}/script.sh) When i do: make clean - the script is executed When i perform make or make mytag the script is again executed with the output: make: Nothing to be done for mytag What i want ? I want script.sh to be executed only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pufo
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create Makefile from source files

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a makefile for a set of source files. Several sources files are given but we are not allowed to modify them. The goal is to create a makefile such that if a change is made to any of the source code files, the project can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu1228
5 Replies

10. Solaris

SunOS 5.5.1 usage of Makefile command in make file

I am new to Solaris and compilation using make files. I have a code base which is organized into different folders. At the root folder is a master make file and in the sub directories, there are make files for that particular folder. In the make files present in subdirectories, I am seeing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)