Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mplayer fifo.
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Mplayer fifo. Post 303043425 by ignatius on Tuesday 28th of January 2020 11:47:07 AM
Old 01-28-2020
No, when I try to encase the code with the code tags, it looks like it doesn't like the carriage returns and/or linefeeds.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me: Divx with MPlayer

Hi, I'm a beginner in linux :( I wanna play divx with MPlayer. I have mdk8.1 and I can't install MPlayer because I have gcc 2.96 I need upgrade my gcc to 2.95.2 or 2.95.4 Anyone can say me how do i do to uninstall gcc-2.96 and install gcc-2.95.2. Can you give me the exactly url to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mercutio
1 Replies

2. Linux

Help cannot install mplayer

whenever i trty to install mplayer or for that matter any video player i have 2 types of error 1.error while loading shared libraries: libaa.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 2.error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to use fifo

hi, I have a problem. I've done a lil program which gets from the server the given persons username a personal folder. I made it with a pipe calling popen with a command, but how can i make the same thing using fifo. I make the fifo with mkfifo() func. and than what. How do I tell the sertver using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mplayer

Can someone help with following problem? I'm trying to watch the stream video. mplayer SRTV - Main Air MPlayer SVN-r24130 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+ (Family: 15, Model: 44, Stepping: 2) CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

5. Solaris

mplayer on soalris

Hi all ... I would like to know how to install mplayer on solaris 10 i have been trying to understand it through the docs on their website but didnt get it that well.. So if anyone can give me step by step instructions to install it ..i would much appreciate it!!! Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mplayer snapshots

I have a script with: mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:width=320:height=240:norm=NTSC:fps=30:noaudio:input=0 -vf screenshot -aspect 4:3 -vo xv to take .png screenshots. It now works but am not getting what the webcam sees displayed in the frame -- just snow noise. Does someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slak0
1 Replies

7. Programming

fifo

Dear friends i'm want to implement a program which one file is split into fragments by the server (by some random size) and sent to some processes, so these processes get randomly the fragments of the original file from the server, then the downloader randomly connects to some of these processes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mplayer problem

I have this problem using a script that uses mplayer. This is the error messages. INFO: Mplayer Log LOG: MPlayer SVN-r1.0~rc3+svn20090426-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team LOG: mplayer: could not connect to socket LOG: mplayer: No such file or directory LOG: Failed to open LIRC support. You... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

FIFO

Hello , I am working on unix FIFO IPC. i have a doubt regarding that. If the fifo is updated(write()) through one process....can we able to send any signal that fifo is updated and ready to get read...to other process.?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harry443
0 Replies
UNBLOCK_DEM(1)						      General Commands Manual						    UNBLOCK_DEM(1)

NAME
unblock_dem - Insert linefeeds into a Digital Elevation Model (DEM) file SYNOPSIS
unblock_dem [-L] DESCRIPTION
The drawmap program processes USGS Digital Elevation Model (DEM) files (along with other types of files) to produce customized maps. Drawmap is able to read these files in their native format. However, since the files usually don't contain any linefeeds, they are diffi- cult for a human to read. Unblock_dem filters a DEM file and inserts linefeeds for human readability. It takes input from the standard input and writes to the standard output. The input data must be in uncompressed form, not in gzip-compressed form. Also, unblock_dem does not work with SDTS DEM files or GTOPO30 files. Unblock_dem normally takes no options, but, if you use the "-L" option, the program will print out some license information and exit. Some DEM files already have embedded linefeeds. Unblock_dem makes a feeble attempt to detect these files and abort. If the detection fails, the results are likely to be garbled, so it is wise to check the format of each file first. The drawmap program, with the "-i" option, will attempt to tell you whether a file contains linefeeds or not. The intended use of unblock_dem is simply to let you conveniently examine the files to see what is in them. However, if you are in the mood for adventure, or if you need to repair a defective file, you can use unblock_dem to make the file easy to edit, then you can edit the file as desired. Drawmap can still process the files after linefeeds are inserted, but will become confused if any line (including the linefeed) is more than 1024 characters long. Drawmap may also become confused if you make any significant changes to the format of the file. You may be able to use this capability to repair faulty data. However, you need to be familiar with the content and structure of DEM files in order to do this effectively. You also need to remember that drawmap depends on DEM files having a predictable structure, and it won't properly parse files that violate this predictability. Do this sort of thing only if you know what you are doing, or if you have a lot of free time on your hands. It should be noted that you can obtain a similar effect by using the command recommended by the USGS: dd if=inputfilename of=outputfilename ibs=4096 cbs=1024 conv=unblock I prefer the unblock_dem command because it simply replaces the last byte of each record with a linefeed. This lets me easily tell how long the original records were. The effect of unblock_dem or dd can be undone by typing: dd if=inputfilename of=outputfilename ibs=4096 cbs=1024 conv=block You may come across files that have a linefeed in the 1025th byte. Drawmap doesn't like these, both because it can't tell (within the space of the first 1024-byte record) whether the file contains linefeeds or not, and because the records exceed the maximum record length of 1024 bytes. You may be able to repair such files by blocking them with the above dd command. SEE ALSO
unblock_dlg(1), drawmap(1) Jul 24, 2001 UNBLOCK_DEM(1)