Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC) Post 303043374 by Neo on Monday 27th of January 2020 01:00:07 AM
Old 01-27-2020
Update:

Well, I seem to have been wrong. I thought Blynk was a BLE app, but it's not. From the website:

Quote:
Blynk is a hardware-agnostic IoT platform with white-label mobile apps, private clouds, device management, data analytics, and machine learning.
My experience is that apps which try to be "all things to all platforms" often end of "nothing special for most platforms", so I think I will probably drop the Blynk line of investigation for BLE.

In fact, I may put the HM-10 BLE module back in my "module drawer" and move on to a new Arduino module soon. I have too many Arduino modules to test and my attention span is not very high for module testing, LOL

Basic Arduino UNO Bluetooth Testing with the BLE 4.0 (CC2541, MLT-BT04 IC)-img_9048jpg

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Semi-Automatic Arduino Detection.

I am working on a semi-auto detection idea for Arduino for the Scope project. It does require a little user intervention but minimal. It works by just responding to two on screen prompts to unplug and plug Arduino into a USB port. There are two versions and both work perfectly well and give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies

2. Programming

Very Basic Arduino Uno Board Testing

A very simple Arduino board test... LOL Here is some very easy code to test a cheap Arduino board I just got from China via Aliexpress. I am still waiting on a about 30 more orders from Aliexpress for more Arduino stuff. This was the first order which made it here. /* Arduino test-code... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
18 Replies

3. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies

5. Programming

Chinese Arduino UNO Clones - The Wavgat versus the generic UNO R3 Clone - The Winner Is?

Waiting for more fun Ardunio parts from AliExpress, I decided to test two cheap Chinese Arduino UNO clones. The Arduino UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P The Wavgat UNO R3 (CH340G) MEGA328P Both of these Chinese Ardunio clones sell for about $3 USD, delivered to your door. The bottom line is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Programming

Arduino Project: iPhone to HM-10 BLE to NB-IoT Shield to NB-IoT Network to Internet to Linux Server

This post describes a "work in progress" project I started today. Here is the High Level Overview: Currently, this project sits on my desk as an Arduino UNO (on the bottom), an NB-IoT Shield (sandwiched in the middle), a Sensor Shield (on top) with a HM-10 BLE Module (in the little... (13 Replies)
13 Replies
SafeEjectGPU(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   SafeEjectGPU(8)

NAME
SafeEjectGPU -- Facilitate safe eject/disconnect of eGPU(s) from system SYNOPSIS
SafeEjectGPU [gpuid <gpuid>] [gpus] [apps] [status] [Eject] [Initiate] [Relaunch] [Finalize] [Cancel] [RelaunchPID <PID>] ... DESCRIPTION
The SafeEjectGPU command is used to prepare for safe eject/disconnect of eGPUs from the system. This involves interacting with apps to migrate off of ejecting eGPU(s), and triggering the eject itself. This tool can also be used to view what GPUs are attached to the system, their eject status, and what apps hold references to each. A list of commands and their descriptions - note that commands affecting state are capitalized, and that multiple (including repeated) com- mands can occupy the same command line: gpus Lists attributes of GPUs currently attached to system (gpuid, vendor/model, flags) gpuid <gpuid> Specifies which GPU(s) subsequent commands apply to. The default (0x0000) means all eGPUs. See output of gpus command for valid <gpuid> values (of the form 0x7005) to use. apps Lists apps holding references to specified GPU - and app attributes/properties like PID, RPID, USER, PROCESS, APIS (Metal, GL/CL, GVA), BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER, PATH, GPUEjectPolicy and GPUSelectionPolicy where specified. status Shows eject state of specified eGPU(s) (Present, Initiated, Finalized). Eject Performs the full Eject sequence ( Initiate + Relaunch + Finalize ) of specified GPU(s). Initiate Initiates eject of specified eGPU(s). These eGPUs are temporarily hidden from API instantiations. Relaunch Interacts with apps that hold references to specified eGPU(s) - to facilitate migration to remaining GPUs. Finalize Finalizes eject of specified eGPU(s) - must be physically unplugged before they can be used again. Cancel Cancels initiated eject of specified GPU(s) - instead of Finalized. RelaunchPID <PID> Apply relaunch stimulus to one particular PID - for app relaunch stimulus testing. EXAMPLES
$ SafeEjectGPU gpus List eGPUs. Output is useful for cut-n-paste of example specified gpuid values used below $ SafeEjectGPU gpus apps status List all eGPUs and Apps on all eGPUs along with eject status of all eGPUs $ SafeEjectGPU Eject Perform full Eject sequence on all eGPUs $ SafeEjectGPU gpuid 0x7005 Eject Perform full Eject sequence on specified eGPU $ SafeEjectGPU gpus apps gpuid 0x7153 apps Lists all eGPUs and apps on all eGPUs and on integrated GPU as well $ SafeEjectGPU Initiate RelaunchPID 12345 Cancel Hide eGPUs and send relaunch stimulus to PID without doing full eject PLIST PROPERTIES
The following properties are generally inferred. Some values can be specified in the app's Info.plist. They affect eGPU eject and API selection behaviors. Generally, these properties won't need to be specified: GPUEjectPolicy Inferred/Settable GPUEjectPolicy values for dealing with apps that needs to drop references to ejecting eGPU. Establisehd in app bundle's Info.plist. Possible values: relaunch Send AppKit quit-with-save event followed by open-with-restore (relaunch app using alternate GPU(s)). wait Just wait for GPU references to drop (without sending events or signals). kill Use sigKill to force app exit (for apps that will relaunch via launchd - using alternate GPU(s)). ignore Ignore - necessary for some internal GPU/display components - working to eliminate its use. Inferred-Only GPUEjectPolicy values (you can't specify these values, but you'll see them as defaulted/inferred policies in apps out- put): wrelaunch Wait momentarily for processing of Metal GPU change notifications before resorting to relaunch (as necessary). jrelaunch Just relaunch without waiting (since OpenGL/OpenCL are in use). rwait When a process is subordinate to another, "responsible", process (see RPID column), Eject actions apply to the responsible process, who in turn deals with subordinates to eliminate their ejecting eGPU references. GPUSelectionPolicy Settable values that affect instantiation of Metal and OpenGL/CL contexts (wrt eGPU use). Established in app bundle's Info.plist. Possible values: avoidRemovable Avoid creation of MTLCommandQueues, and OpenGL/CL contexts on eGPUs. preferRemovable Prefer creation of MTLCommandQueues, and OpenGL/CL contexts on eGPUs. SEE ALSO
plist(5) sudo(8) launchd(8) HISTORY
The command line SafeEjectGPU tool first appeared in the 10.13.4 release of Mac OS X. Mac OS X January 22, 2018 Mac OS X