Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8 Post 303042924 by Neo on Saturday 11th of January 2020 12:06:42 AM
Old 01-11-2020
Please search the forums before posting questions:

See, for example (just to post a few)

set up SNMP

and

https://www.unix.com/man-page/suse/8/snmptrapd/

This question has been asked and answered many times on unix.com.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

Hi All Can anybody tell me how to configure snmptrapd.conf ? Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd.conf

i tried this to get snmptrapd.conf bt unable... # snmpconf The following installed configuration files were found: 1: /etc/snmp/snmp.conf 2: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf 3: /usr/share/snmp/snmp.conf 4: /usr/share/snmp/snmpd.conf Would you like me to read them in? Their... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmptrapd uses all the CPU and 4 Go memory

Hello all, Below what I saw on my solaris 10 box : $ prstat PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 683 root 4082M 91M run 10 0 41:45:39 96% snmptrapd/1 syslog gives a lot of : snmptrapd: illegal data attempted to be added to table nlmLogVariableTable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gino_75
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

NTP Configuration on RHEL 5.4

Hi, I'm trying to configure NTP client, however it failes to sync correctly. Even after I manually set the time, once it connects with the NTP server, it pushes the time ahead by 4 hours. We have set an AIX host as NTP server. It works fine for other AIX hosts, however fails on RHEL 5.4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snmptrapd

Hi everybody, I'm trying to run a SNMP supervisor on Debian Lenny to supervise Uninteruptible Power Systems which support SNMP. I've installed snmp and snmpd debian packages for NET-SNMP 5.4.1 et i've configured /etc/snmp file with the snmpconf perl script : file /etc/snmp/snmp.conf #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dedibox
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL 6.0 net configuration

hello, I have installed RHEL 6.0 on my lappy in a separate partion with windows 7 on the hardware(not using VMWARE).Now kindly help me to active network configuration in that?????Is it require to have LINUX wireless drivers???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dillipkmrpadhy
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3

Hi, Can someone please help me configuring RIP (Routing Information Protocol v2 ). I have tried few manuals and posts from networking sites and i didnt get a clear picture. This is what i have done: 1. Installed routed package and started routed service. however, Dynamic routes are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddybs
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need Good Configuration For RHEL Virtualization Desktop

Hi All , I want a Good Specification For Building a Coustum PC must Have With Intel Motherboard and Intel Processor , And Must Have Virtualization , Cos im Gonna Install Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Based PC and Gonna install win Xp , Win 7 as a Guest Os in it .. Any one Have Good Spec for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the Red Hat Network (or Spacewalk) website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network, RHN Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)