Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Printing df -h output in json format Post 303042690 by MadeInGermany on Friday 3rd of January 2020 01:05:53 PM
Old 01-03-2020
Try print instead of printf. The latter treats the first argument as a format string where % characters are special.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing out procedures in unknown format

Does Anybody know how to print procedures written in this format? .. .nr PS 11 .nr VS 14 .nr LL 6.5i .ad l .DA 1/9/91 .in 4.0i .DS Shepard D. Johnson .DE .in 0i .sp .sp .sp .LG .ce .B Pressure Sensors (P/N 16-0018-0 & 16-0018-1) Test Procedure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjtrjt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing format for hexadecimal signed number

Hello Experts,, I m facing a problem as follows.. need help.. When I am giving the below command it gives me three digit hexadecimal number , for ex :- printf("%0.3x", 10); Output: 00a But I want the same for signed number also. Now when I am specifiying the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl code-sequence of json format

Hi All , Below is the perl code. from below code want to confirm one thing that wahtever the sequence of data we are passing through json format which contains 3 tuples of different sequences Eg: ParentID,SystemID,SendingTime,Time,ClientLocation,ClientID, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing records in different format

Hi all, I have a input file say record.txt hostname IP_address Port_No Version A 10.10.10.1 80 6.02 B 10.10.10.2 81 6.03 C 10.10.10.3 82 6.04 row 1 has 4 field headings : hostname, IP_address, Port_No and Version. and from 2nd row onwards the actual records start. now i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PranavEcstasy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with printing output format from a file

Hi, I need help in printing data in below format from file extensions with .dml, i have listed details below file name is test_temp.dml, location in /home/users/test01/test_temp.dml file content: sample_type= record decimal(",") test_type; date("DD-MM-YYYY")(",") test_date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAHinka
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with printing advance output format from a file

Hi, below 'awk' code was given for my thread 'Help with printing output format from a file ' earlier, however script is not resulting expected output with below file content. cat test_tes123.dml record string("\001") emp_num; /* CHAR(11) NOT NULL*/ date("YYYYMMDD")... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing files in a specific format

Hi, I have following files in a directory with '.meta' extension, which have data in follwoing patterns. i need to print data from these files in below metioned format. please provide a script for this solution. file names: TEST_HISTORY_MTH.meta AB_TEST_1.meta cat... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in printing in specific format

Hi All, I 'm matching two files based on the first 2 columns and then populate other fields along with subtraction of few fields. I have managed to get the output. However, is there a easier way in formatting the output as shown below instead of using additional printf for getting fixed width... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

JSON Output format

Dear friends, I'm getting below API result and i would like to format them with Shell scripting. Input "id": 9, "description": "short desc", "name": "test", "name_with_namespace": "ABCD-PDFF-PLATFORM-TEST-V1 / test", "path": "test", "path_with_namespace":... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert any shell command output to JSON format?

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting, Need your help in creating a shell script which converts any unix command output to JSON format output. example: sample df -h command ouput : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8.1G 4.0G 4.0G 50% /... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
13 Replies
NOTMUCH-SEARCH(1)					      General Commands Manual						 NOTMUCH-SEARCH(1)

NAME
notmuch-search - Search for messages matching the given search terms. SYNOPSIS
notmuch search [options...] <search-term>... DESCRIPTION
Search for messages matching the given search terms, and display as results the threads containing the matched messages. The output consists of one line per thread, giving a thread ID, the date of the newest (or oldest, depending on the sort option) matched message in the thread, the number of matched messages and total messages in the thread, the names of all participants in the thread, and the subject of the newest (or oldest) message. See notmuch-search-terms(7) for details of the supported syntax for <search-terms>. Supported options for search include --format=(json|text) Presents the results in either JSON or plain-text (default). --output=(summary|threads|messages|files|tags) summary Output a summary of each thread with any message matching the search terms. The summary includes the thread ID, date, the num- ber of messages in the thread (both the number matched and the total number), the authors of the thread and the subject. threads Output the thread IDs of all threads with any message matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--format=json). messages Output the message IDs of all messages matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--format=json). files Output the filenames of all messages matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--for- mat=json). tags Output all tags that appear on any message matching the search terms, either one per line (--format=text) or as a JSON array (--format=json). --sort=(newest-first|oldest-first) This option can be used to present results in either chronological order (oldest-first) or reverse chronological order (new- est-first). Note: The thread order will be distinct between these two options (beyond being simply reversed). When sorting by oldest-first the threads will be sorted by the oldest message in each thread, but when sorting by newest-first the threads will be sorted by the newest message in each thread. By default, results will be displayed in reverse chronological order, (that is, the newest results will be displayed first). --offset=[-]N Skip displaying the first N results. With the leading '-', start at the Nth result from the end. --limit=N Limit the number of displayed results to N. --exclude=(true|false|flag) Specify whether to omit messages matching search.tag_exclude from the search results (the default) or not. The extra option flag only has an effect when --output=summary In this case all matching threads are returned but the "match count" is the number of matching non-excluded messages in the thread. SEE ALSO
notmuch(1), notmuch-config(1), notmuch-count(1), notmuch-dump(1), notmuch-hooks(5), notmuch-new(1), notmuch-reply(1), notmuch-restore(1), notmuch-search-terms(7), notmuch-show(1), notmuch-tag(1) Notmuch 0.13.2 2012-06-01 NOTMUCH-SEARCH(1)