Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get days using awk
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Get days using awk Post 303042004 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 11th of December 2019 12:25:10 AM
Old 12-11-2019
Hello tomato00,

On UNIX.com we encourage users to add their efforts whatever they have put in order to solve their own problems.
So kindly do let us know your efforts.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date for two days or 3 days ago

i need a script that can tell me the date 2 days ago or 3 days ago. please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

before x days

hello, I needed to put value of date - 20 days in certain variable like this: before20d=`TZ=MET+480 date +%Y%m%d` echo $before20d value just perfect ...what I need and if I execute "date": Wed Nov 10 11:58:43 MET 2010 on the other solaris platform if I execute this I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulaziz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working out days of the week and processing file in 3 working days

Hi guys i need advice on the approach to this one...... I have a file say called Thisfile.20130524.txt i need to work out from the date 20130524 what day of the week that was and then process the file in 3 working days. (so not counting saturday or sunday....(will not worry about bank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the no of hours between days

Hi, i have a date 1- 2013101511 date2 -2013101812 need toget the no of hours between them,can any one tellme the logic. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep karna
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

VM becomes slow every 3-4 days

Hi, I have RHEL 6.1 on VM, where Big data is installed. Every 3-4 days, its web interface become very slow and I had to reboot this VM. I was checking with "top" and that shows that free memory is less. Can this be a reason for slowness ? No big load on CPU. # free -m total ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
perl(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   perl(1)

NAME
perl - Practical Extraction and Report Language DESCRIPTION
The perl software is unsupported software that is provided as part of Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will fix problems in this unsupported software only if they are specific to Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not fix problems that are integral to the software itself or that occur when the com- ponent is used on UNIX systems other than Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not add functionality to this software. Except for this reference page, other reference pages that Tru64 UNIX supplies for perl are passed through without changes. The reference pages distributed as part of this software are available in the directories /usr/share/doclib/annex/man/man[1-9]. You should use this directory stem in the man command or add it to the MANPATH environment variable to make these files available to the man command. Note Compaq is not responsible for the content or quality of reference pages and other documents installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory and does not revise this material in response to customer problem reports. Reference pages installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex/man directory are not available from Compaq in book form; for example, they are not included in the reference manu- als that you receive when you order the Tru64 UNIX documentation set as hard copy books. Problems related to the content or quality of any documentation installed in the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory tree should be sent to the developers of the documentation. The format for changing the search path with the man command is: man -P /usr/share/doclib/annex/man [section] title... If you are using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shells, use the following command sequence to modify your environment: MANPATH=$MAN- PATH:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man export MANPATH If you are using the C shell, enter the command: setenv MANPATH `echo $MANPATH`:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man See the reference pages for the man(1) command for additional information on the search path used to locate files. The reference pages associated with this product are not included in the whatis data base created by the catman command. Therefore, the man -k and apropos commands will not locate reference pages included with this product. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), catman(8), man(1) perl(1)