Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Negative decimal to binary
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Negative decimal to binary Post 303041454 by wisecracker on Sunday 24th of November 2019 05:43:43 PM
Old 11-24-2019
Hi Chubler_XL...

I have never seen that before, thanks a lot.
Just shows how much I don't know. Once seen never forgotten...
(But sadly, it won't work in dash.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for converting a decimal to binary

Could anybody please help me in writing a script in unix for converting a decimal number to binary number. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: softy
3 Replies

2. Programming

decimal to binary function error

I have the following simple code to return a binary number in a array format given an interger and the number of the bits for specifying the interger as binary number. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main () { // int* get_binary_number(int* bit_array, int num, int... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Anybody please help me... Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) representation. Also, draw its Flow Chart. This is a unix qn... plz post algorithm for that :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramba
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caramba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

error- multiplying negative decimal values

a=10.02 pattern=-11.01 b=$(echo | awk '{ print $a*$pattern}') echo $b its not working even ALso tried `expr $a \* $pattern` No LUCK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting string to negative decimal value

I need code for converting a string to a negative decimal value. For ex, i have the value in the form of a string (5489.95-) i need to convert it into decimal value (-5489.95) while getting output using printf command. i know how to get as a string a="5489.95-" printf "%10s"$a >>xyz.dat ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the negate of decimal to binary?

Hi All, New to this forum (and yes , a newbie in programming..:p) I have a decimal to binary converter script done this way : i=$1 bit0=$(( (i & 0x01) > 0 )) bit1=$(( (i & 0x02) > 0 )) bit2=$(( (i & 0x04) > 0 )) bit3=$(( (i & 0x08) > 0 )) bit4=$((... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteltlc
6 Replies

9. Programming

Binary to decimal for particular bits

Hello, I have script which work fine on particular data.file . The next feature I want to achieve is to get the decimal equivalent of data to data. The data looks like this : data(01000000000000000000110000000000) thank you.. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

10. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies
XS(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						     XS(3)

NAME
Readonly::XS - Companion module for Readonly.pm, to speed up read-only scalar variables. VERSION
This document describes version 1.05 of Readonly::XS, February 24, 2009. SYNOPSIS
Install this module, but do not use it. DESCRIPTION
The Readonly module (q.v.) is an effective way to create non-modifiable variables. However, it's relatively slow. The reason it's slow is that is implements the read-only-ness of variables via tied objects. This mechanism is inherently slow. Perl simply has to do a lot of work under the hood to make tied variables work. This module corrects the speed problem, at least with respect to scalar variables. When Readonly::XS is installed, Readonly uses it to access the internals of scalar variables. Instead of creating a scalar variable object and tying it, Readonly simply flips the SvREADONLY bit in the scalar's FLAGS structure. Readonly arrays and hashes are not sped up by this, since the SvREADONLY flag only works for scalars. Arrays and hashes always use the tie interface. Why implement this as a separate module? Because not everyone can use XS. Not everyone has a C compiler. Also, installations with a statically-linked perl may not want to recompile their perl binary just for this module. Rather than render Readonly.pm useless for these people, the XS portion was put into a separate module. Programs that you write do not need to know whether Readonly::XS is installed or not. They should just "use Readonly" and let Readonly worry about whether or not it can use XS. If the Readonly::XS is present, Readonly will be faster. If not, it won't. Either way, it will still work, and your code will not have to change. Your program can check whether Readonly.pm is using XS or not by examining the $Readonly::XSokay variable. It will be true if the XS module was found and is being used. Please do not change this variable. EXPORTS None. SEE ALSO
Readonly.pm AUTHOR
/ COPYRIGHT Eric Roode, roode@cpan.org Copyright (c) 2003-2009 by Eric J. Roode. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. To avoid my spam filter, please include "Perl", "module", or this module's name in the message's subject line, and/or GPG-sign your message. perl v5.16.3 2009-02-24 XS(3)