Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Limitations of 'pdftotext' in Linux... Post 303041321 by Neo on Thursday 21st of November 2019 11:36:18 AM
Old 11-21-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlenard
Here is the PDF in question. Thanks again. I will report back after some further testing.
Sorry, but for security reasons I cannot permit you to post a PDF attachment which may be corrupted.

Did you follow my recommendation to run it though a PDF checker?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir limitations

What characters can't be used with a mkdir? Any limits on length of name? Thank you, Randy M. Zeitman http://www.StoneRoseDesign.com (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: flignar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csplit limitations

I am trying to use the csplit file on a file that contains records that have more than 2048 characters on a line. The resultant split file seems to ignore the rest of the line and I lose the data. Is there any way that csplit can handle record lengths greater than 2048? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravagga
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

pdftotext / PDF conversion to .txt binaries

Good day, I've been trying to look for a way to compile the Xpdf sources in our HP-UX server, but have been failing to do so because there is no GCC installed, and I don't have privileges to install GCC. I was looking for a functionality to convert PDF files to .txt, which is exactly like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_s_6
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

gnuplot limitations

I'm running a simulation (programmed in C) which makes calls to gnuplot periodically to plot data I have stored. First I open a pipe to gnuplot and set it to multiplot: FILE * pipe = popen("gnuplot", "w"); fprintf(pipe, "set multiplot\n"); fflush(pipe); (this pipe stays open until the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sedavidw
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Limitations on the partition of linux

Hi, I need a documentation about limitations on the linux partition. On how many primary and extended I could create. And also on different type of storage, how many big capacity I can create. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic problem with pdftotext

Hi, I have used pdftotext with good results in the past, but today for some reason I keep getting the same error message. My command is as follows: And the error message is I am using Vmware player with Ubuntu server, but I don't think that is causing this issue as I have been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joq
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Eth0 Limitations

Hi, I have noticed some performance issues on my RHEL5 server but the memory and CPU utilization on the box is fine. I have a 1G full duplexed eth0 card and I am suspicious that this may be causing the problem. My eth0 settings are as follows: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris limitations

Hi, I recently started working with Solaris, and what I noticed is that a lot of commands I used to regularly use don't work, like sed -i and grep -r. I have found work arounds for these problems though but it's a pain in the ass. I'm just wondering why they decided not to include these handy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
4 Replies

9. Linux

Linux partitions and limitations

In recently reading an article on linux basics before I embark and my personal installation project I came across this passage - IDE drives have three types of partition: primary, logical, and extended. The partition table is located in the master boot record (MBR) of a disk. The MBR is the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synchlavier
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdftotext from multiple pdf files to a single text file

I have a directory having a number of pdf files. I want to convert all the files to text, stored in a single text file The following creates multiple text files ls *.pdf | xargs -n1 pdftotext (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
PDFTOHTML(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PDFTOHTML(1)

NAME
pdftohtml - program to convert PDF files into HTML, XML and PNG images SYNOPSIS
pdftohtml [options] <PDF-file> [<HTML-file> <XML-file>] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pdftohtml command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pdftohtml is a program that converts PDF documents into HTML. It generates its output in the current working directory. OPTIONS
A summary of options are included below. -h, -help Show summary of options. -f <int> first page to print -l <int> last page to print -q do not print any messages or errors -v print copyright and version info -p exchange .pdf links with .html -c generate complex output -s generate single HTML that includes all pages -i ignore images -noframes generate no frames. Not supported in complex output mode. -stdout use standard output -zoom <fp> zoom the PDF document (default 1.5) -xml output for XML post-processing -enc <string> output text encoding name -opw <string> owner password (for encrypted files) -upw <string> user password (for encrypted files) -hidden force hidden text extraction -dev output device name for Ghostscript (png16m, jpeg etc). Unless this option is specified, Splash will be used -fmt image file format for Splash output (png or jpg). If complex is selected, but neither -fmt or -dev are specified, -fmt png will be assumed -nomerge do not merge paragraphs -nodrm override document DRM settings AUTHOR
Pdftohtml was developed by Gueorgui Ovtcharov and Rainer Dorsch. It is based and benefits a lot from Derek Noonburg's xpdf package. This manual page was written by Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
pdffonts(1), pdfimages(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1), pdftotext(1) PDFTOHTML(1)